Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Tinderless fire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
SD, When I was a National Service man, I was on a Jungle warfare course and part of this was improvised explosives. We were shown how dangerous it could be and were told only do it when absolutely necessary. There are many formulae out there, many of which are very dangerous, made up by people with infantile minds. To sort out the best from the bad, you can use Army manuals, they are still dangerous. If you do try these formulae, only make very small batches. Of course, many years have gone by since my youth and I would be looking for up-to-date instruction from NR and BP. Kenneth Eames.
(11 February 2012, 18:35)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11 February 2012, 06:52)Kenneth Eames Wrote: [ -> ]You can produce saltpetre from urine. You can boil down urine to produce it. Urine can be used to produce improvised explosives. Another way to produce saltpetre is to urinate against a wall frequently, over a period of time. When needed, scrape the scales off of the wall, the scales are saltpetre. Kenneth Eames.

See, told you SD. Cannon came from the Canon's wee wee.

You can always just mix glycerine/saltpeter, with the upper skin from heated fat, and guess what.......it's a really fast burner! Maybe even an explosive!?!? Did someone say that was TNT? No, I never said that.......but it is.

TNT is trinitrotoluene, which is a bit more complicated than Dynamite, nitrocellulose and nitroglycerin, which are easier to produce (all based on the same reaction too)
(14 February 2012, 22:18)Preacher Wrote: [ -> ]
(11 February 2012, 18:35)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11 February 2012, 06:52)Kenneth Eames Wrote: [ -> ]You can produce saltpetre from urine. You can boil down urine to produce it. Urine can be used to produce improvised explosives. Another way to produce saltpetre is to urinate against a wall frequently, over a period of time. When needed, scrape the scales off of the wall, the scales are saltpetre. Kenneth Eames.

See, told you SD. Cannon came from the Canon's wee wee.

You can always just mix glycerine/saltpeter, with the upper skin from heated fat, and guess what.......it's a really fast burner! Maybe even an explosive!?!? Did someone say that was TNT? No, I never said that.......but it is.

TNT is trinitrotoluene, which is a bit more complicated than Dynamite, nitrocellulose and nitroglycerin, which are easier to produce (all based on the same reaction too)

Oh okay, I always thought dynamite and TNT were the same. I do have to admit my knowledge of things that go bang isn't perfect. My explosives knowledge is from the Anarchists Cookbook, formerly known as the Jolly Roger Cookbook. I guess underground anarchy books are not quite as scientific as I'd hoped.
That book is not a good source. You are likely to blow yourself up. Most people that play with these, even in a professional way, have lost fingers, hands, eyes and their lives.
I know how to create these things safely (or as safely as you can) but I won't make any dangerous concoctions until SHTF even if it is too late by then, because once made, it has to be stored, and I would hate to drop dead one day, leaving my grandson to deal with it......
Perfectly sensible. I have already spoken to my kids and shown them what is what. I label everything as well and I put lists on the boxes so there are no surprises. You should at least practise so you can be sure you have the right stores and skills.

However, it is a good point.
Mike Bratcher, The best place to gather urine is in a Farmyard. Animals are a good source for a large volume of urine. Boil it down, you will need gallons of it if you need a great amount of saltpetre. Do not boil it dry. When you have a half inch of sludge left let the rest of the urine evaporate. If boiled dry it will burn up with a huge flame. You must be careful how you treat such things. When you reach the sludge state you can use it to manufacture fuse. Reply here, as I cannot find where you asked your question. Kenneth Eames.
In a farmyard ---> The ground below an earthern floor stables or any earthern floor below where animals live & deficate/urinate. Below poultry houses is ideal. A homemade niter bed can be made, with human/animal waste & food scraps layed in a trench 7 covered with earth in thin layers. This will rot down over time to achieve the sam result. The farmyard method is easier \\\& more productive though!
"if you want urine go to a farmyard"??? we ALL have an unlimited supply-of our own manufacture-you dont have to go anywhere, produce it at home!!Big GrinTongue
BP, If you can produce more than a farmyard, 'you're a better man than I am, Gungha Din'. Kenneth Eames. Haha!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5