Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sadly, I'm moving to a flat, no balcony. Might be able to manage cress on the windowsill!
(21 March 2012, 09:38)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly, I'm moving to a flat, no balcony. Might be able to manage cress on the windowsill!

The roof?????
(21 March 2012, 09:38)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly, I'm moving to a flat, no balcony. Might be able to manage cress on the windowsill!

You can grow a lot in a window

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf2jW05TEwU
Yesterday spent £20 on tinned food in tescos. Today spent 549.96 on four slEeping bags. 199 on a eight man two room tent. Nearly booked 10 days camping in France near Normandy landing site. I was going to buy a outdoor wood burning stove and a 1kw gen. What you think? Also are water purifiers any good or after an event would water need distilled?
(21 March 2012, 07:27)Reality Jones Wrote: [ -> ]
(20 March 2012, 19:54)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]Hope everyone has a bumper harvest. I will be leaving my veggie garden and fruit trees/bushes behind*sniff* But wait til next year... I'll be back!!

Potatos in bags are easy to grow anywhere.
Try this site for indoor veg' growing.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2156424_grow-ind...arden.html

I planted some seed potatoes last year then decided I wanted the big pot for some thing else, took as I thought all the potatoes out and and tipped the soil back in to the bag, closed the bag down and put it under a garden chair to stop it getting to wet, few weeks later my friend was potting some thing for me and shouted ''there's some thing growing in this bag'' when I checked it I had half a dozen perfect spuds growing in the bag? seems some spuds will grow in any conditions there were Desiree potatoes, couldn't believe it!
Been out and tidied up the garden ready to put in 3 raised veg beds.
This is something I've done already, but got confirmation of today. A book I've ordered has been shipped! It's about the best ways to invest in precious metals, considering the changes to UK VAT on silver but not gold.

Good times!!!
This week ive removed a flower bed and turned it over to veg, finished adding 3 raised veg beds and put up 4 pallets on a wall in the garden for verticle gardening.
(21 March 2012, 10:53)Prep Girl Wrote: [ -> ]
(21 March 2012, 07:27)Reality Jones Wrote: [ -> ]
(20 March 2012, 19:54)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]Hope everyone has a bumper harvest. I will be leaving my veggie garden and fruit trees/bushes behind*sniff* But wait til next year... I'll be back!!

Potatos in bags are easy to grow anywhere.
Try this site for indoor veg' growing.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2156424_grow-ind...arden.html

I planted some seed potatoes last year then decided I wanted the big pot for some thing else, took as I thought all the potatoes out and and tipped the soil back in to the bag, closed the bag down and put it under a garden chair to stop it getting to wet, few weeks later my friend was potting some thing for me and shouted ''there's some thing growing in this bag'' when I checked it I had half a dozen perfect spuds growing in the bag? seems some spuds will grow in any conditions there were Desiree potatoes, couldn't believe it!
spuds are fairly easy to grow, i heard someone say you could grow spuds from spud peelings alone-provided they have got eyes on them, we dont use seed potatoes-used them once and the return was terrible, we use shop potatoes and chit them off,then plant them, i grow them inside car tyres, the rubber retains the heat and its easier to harvest them than earthing up.
I forgot to update this thread.

I've ordered a pretty little compass thermometer keyring. Also, a log cabin construction book.