Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A while ago, second son donated a Leatherman to the cause. I don't think he thought he was contributing very much because one side of the pliers had sheared off. Anyway, in a thread on your favourite Forum, there was mention of the Leatherman UK distributor, so, nothing to lose, I sent them an e-mail...

Result: brand new Leatherman Super Tool 300 arrived in the post today - old one was beyond repair so they replaced it, with a better model! (I've been playing with it like a big kid since it arrived! Big Grin)

Can't say enough about the service from Whitby and Co from Kendal - no-nonsense, fast and efficient.

I've only been here twenty minutes and my post clicked it over to 100 pages. Hope no-one else wanted the dubious honour...
Thats a good result,.. now then, about that tool that second son `lent` you
(1 July 2013, 16:55)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Thats a good result,.. now then, about that tool that second son `lent` you

No longer with us, I'm afraid - it's an ex-Leatherman! Big Grin I had to send it back so they could see whether a repair was possible. Probably dismantled for parts by now...
(1 July 2013, 17:20)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: [ -> ]
(1 July 2013, 16:55)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Thats a good result,.. now then, about that tool that second son `lent` you

No longer with us, I'm afraid - it's an ex-Leatherman! Big Grin I had to send it back so they could see whether a repair was possible. Probably dismantled for parts by now...

I was thinking about the one that it replaced, you got the old one because it was no good,... but now its been replaced,......Cool
(1 July 2013, 17:41)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]I was thinking about the one that it replaced, you got the old one because it was no good,... but now its been replaced,......Cool

Nah! They're not that daft. I had to send the old one to them for inspection then they only sent the new one back, they'll have scrapped the old one or broken it down for spares. Mind you, I'm not complaining, I reckon I came out ahead... Big Grin
Local agricultural machinery depot is having a clearout, today I picked up 10 x 2.5L bottles of Karcher concentrated agricultural disinfectant for £1.50 a bottle, 12 really solid bolt-on forged harrow tines for £15 and three spare pistons for my bigger tractor at £5 each. Happy days.
Been trawling the web for records of easily accessible mineral deposits such as open cast coal etc in England
Funnily enough me too NR - found anything good?
(2 July 2013, 15:17)Arnie72 Wrote: [ -> ]Funnily enough me too NR - found anything good?

Wiki says theres new open cast pits in the NE and Scotland, But i was trying to find naturally occuring coal eposits in the far south west Cornwall, Devon and Somerset but go nowhere!!!, OH back to the search engines.

If bloody gas and leccy keeps going up I'm going to use Mrs NRs pension to buy some woodland in a few years time, its getting crazy expensive these days.
(2 July 2013, 15:45)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]i was trying to find naturally occuring coal eposits in the far south west Cornwall, Devon and Somerset but go nowhere!!!,
that's cos there are none!Big Grin Cornwall and Devon its all tin mining and Somerset has got a few lead and arsenic mines!