Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Made another 6 LBS of marmalade for the winter months should see us well into next year.
Just been in a newly opened B&M store - they had Bacongrill! Not seen that in years - loved that when I was in the military so had to buy 20 tins for the stores - mmmmmm and they are mine, all mine, everyone else can have the spam!
Went to Bishop Auckland to price up some budget archery gear, was supposed to RV with a chap off UKSF but we missed each other, had a closer look at UKSF its a fine forum and it should do well but its not quite my flavour so I've asked the mods to close my account at ths time, give it a few years and it should mature into a valuable asset for the community.
Cycled a few miles and went bin raiding for plastic tubs
(3 July 2013, 13:36)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Went to Bishop Auckland to price up some budget archery gear, was supposed to RV with a chap off UKSF but we missed each other, had a closer look at UKSF its a fine forum and it should do well but its not quite my flavour so I've asked the mods to close my account at ths time, give it a few years and it should mature into a valuable asset for the community.

You didn't mention the success (or otherwise,) of the budget archery gear pricing NR. I'm interested because I'm in the process of signing up myself and number two granddaughter with the local club and gear, is something I suppose we're going to need. I don't know yet how they work with equipment so the more budget friendly, the better! Smile
Bought an air rifle and spent the weekend camping in the woodland and practising with it.Smile
(3 July 2013, 19:30)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't mention the success (or otherwise,) of the budget archery gear pricing NR. I'm interested because I'm in the process of signing up myself and number two granddaughter with the local club and gear, is something I suppose we're going to need. I don't know yet how they work with equipment so the more budget friendly, the better! Smile

Please Please Please Please Please do not buy any archery gear until you have done the primer course at your local club, I can tell you with 99% certainty the bows you start with wont be the bows you want in a few weeks time.

All Barnett products
Lil Banshee £38 18 LB draw Comp
Banshee Quad £50 25 LB draw Comp
Lil Sioux £26 15LB Recurve
Tomcat £85 16 to 22 LB draw Ultra Compact Comp
Sportflight £40 25LB Recurve

(3 July 2013, 20:40)Tarrel Wrote: [ -> ]Bought an air rifle and spent the weekend camping in the woodland and practising with it.Smile

Wot type?
(3 July 2013, 21:11)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Please Please Please Please Please do not buy any archery gear until you have done the primer course at your local club, I can tell you with 99% certainty the bows you start with wont be the bows you want in a few weeks time.

Many thanks NR, for the information and that's a piece of advice I'll be following, for sure. There isn't often spare cash available in the Grumpy household and certainly none right now! Smile
(2 July 2013, 15:45)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]
(2 July 2013, 15:17)Arnie72 Wrote: [ -> ]Funnily enough me too NR - found anything good?

Wiki says theres new open cast pits in the NE and Scotland, But i was trying to find naturally occuring coal eposits in the far south west Cornwall, Devon and Somerset but go nowhere!!!, OH back to the search engines.

If bloody gas and leccy keeps going up I'm going to use Mrs NRs pension to buy some woodland in a few years time, its getting crazy expensive these days.

Have you tried anything from BGS (British Geological Survey)? They might have some sttuff
(4 July 2013, 07:50)SecretPrepper Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried anything from BGS (British Geological Survey)? They might have some sttuff

on South Georgia or Scott Base ? Smile