Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@BP

I'm not sure chavs inbreed. They usually screw anything that moves
(2 August 2013, 15:19)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]@BP

agreedBig Grin could just as easily be a family member though???Tongue

better get back to preps before SD shuts the thread down!Big GrinBig Grin
(2 August 2013, 15:19)River Song Wrote: [ -> ]@BP

They must inbreed - no normal person has THAT many cousins...
Thinking of training my pup to pull a scooter/sled. I will be surviving in style no more cycling around avoiding those bad people.
These were actually from yesterday and the day before.

Camping gear for Saturday/Sunday. Not using any nice gear with the dogs coming along! Just a load of cheaper newer gear that can get wrecked, if needed.

Also, some stunning trail mix style bags of stuff, for the BOB.

One rule for people to remember, for travelling use dried food. Trail mix counts as dry. Only reason for this rule is because it makes your pack lighter, and tins are extra weight.
(6 August 2013, 23:06)Mooski88 Wrote: [ -> ]Thinking of training my pup to pull a scooter/sled. I will be surviving in style no more cycling around avoiding those bad people.

Good luck,.. it will be well worth it, these dogs need to run,.. I use the three dogs on mt scooter

If you want a very cheap book on dog scootering then I suggest `Dog Scooter,.. the sport for dogs who love to run`,.. by Daphne Lewis,... American but the dogs dont know that
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dog-Scooter-Spor...scootering

....and also remember that they can carry a lot of weight if you need help with bugging out,..I dont, but I still put backpacks on my dogs now and again for the hills,..start of with empty packs and build up
Just received my copy of Where There is no Doctor by David Werner - an excellent book designed as a village healthcare handbook. From a first look through, it seems it's primarily for the third world, which is pretty much where we may be following an event! It covers a multitude from nutrition and prevention to common and serious illnesses via gun-shot wounds, broken bones and childbirth!

It's not a TEOTWAWKI, all-in kind of book, it still in some cases, recommends referral to higher levels of care but it's a huge step in the preparedness direction...

I already had a free, downloaded copy but really wanted hard copy too and I had a couple of gift vouchers that covered the £11.50 cost Smile.
Split logs and stacked at rear of house, 3 cords now....another 2 to go, coal coming Friday, .......splitting more logs tomorrow Thursday....planning my projects for winter....need some dosh to complete the outstanding work.......nothing new there then folks.
Bought a JetBoil Zip!
Spent 24 hours editing, cropping, rewriting, double checking and cutting my Family Prepping Guide down from 120 plus pages to under 50. Took me three attempts to even get close to sorting out the mess it had become. But I got rid of the bulk of the waffle, opinion and political stuff so hopefully its now ft for purpose.

If anyone wants a copy PM me with a valid E mail addy or ask SD where he is going to host it in MS Word and PDF formats.
NR