Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've bought a few this weekend, I got a little bit carried away.

4 mini "survival" knives
2 new shemaghs (my other 2 appear to have disappeared)
1kg of thyme (don't ask, I don't know why I ordered that amount!)
5 vials of Potassium permangate
5 vials of glycerol
1 quiver
1 new laplander
25 meters of dyneema / amsteel

Spent all day yesterday outside in the garden - put 100 pellets through the air rifle, changed the o-rings on the stirrup pump, let rip with the crossbow - that things a beast - bent 50% of the bolts I fired! Then we were firing the long and compound bows all afternoon. I need an arm guard, I'm sporting a rather fetching bruise on my left forearm now that runs nearly the whole length of it.
I've got an arm guard you can have BM, very basic nothing special, send me a pm with your address and I'll stick it in the post.
(20 August 2013, 16:28)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]I've got an arm guard you can have BM, very basic nothing special, send me a pm with your address and I'll stick it in the post.

Cheers buddy, greatly appreciated! I was contemplating making one from duct tape, but it's not exactly breathable material.
lets see: another leather hat(no2) £10, water bottle with cover with alice clips £5, another (no4) survival basha £3-wife is going to put this one up in the garden to shade the patio, 2 pairs of long socks size 11-13 £2, 3 wooden handles-small £1, roll of table protection material £1. ordered a "safari" type shirt from FieldandTrek.com on sale for £8 +£3.99 p&p. got 2 Mora knives at the WG on Friday £8 each 2 for £12. got another wooden walking staff(that makes 3) for £5.pair of good quality garden shears £3.
(20 August 2013, 16:20)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Then we were firing the long and compound bows all afternoon.

Oh yeah, something that took me completely by surprise, the future brother-in-law picked up the compound bow, drew it back and nailed the target first time. I thought it was beginners luck, but the boy's like Robin Hood reincarnate! I've never seen anything like it, never ever touched a bow before in his life, real natural skill. I was half tempted to give the thing to him, but I'm sure I need it more than he does Wink

(20 August 2013, 16:52)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]lets see: another leather hat(no2) £10, water bottle with cover with alice clips £5, another (no4) survival basha £3-wife is going to put this one up in the garden to shade the patio, 2 pairs of long socks size 11-13 £2, 3 wooden handles-small £1, roll of table protection material £1. ordered a "safari" type shirt from FieldandTrek.com on sale for £8 +£3.99 p&p. got 2 Mora knives at the WG on Friday £8 each 2 for £12. got another wooden walking staff(that makes 3) for £5.pair of good quality garden shears £3.

I daren't put the prices next to my stuff just in case Jade decides to have a gander! Bless her, she thinks most of the stuff I buy is dirt cheap.
If I die suddenly for any reason I'm expecting someone on here to tell her exactly how much my things are worth, not what I told her I paid for them Wink
Jane dosent really care what I spend, she even tells me sometimes what I should buy next!!Big Grin the leather hats were £10 reduced from £25!
(20 August 2013, 17:04)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]Jane dosent really care what I spend, she even tells me sometimes what I should buy next!!Big Grin the leather hats were £10 reduced from £25!

Bargain. I really struggle with hats, I have an unusually shaped cranium.

Completely forgot it was WG last weekend! Still, we had people down so I wouldn't have been able to escape anyway.
I picked up 2 leather hats from my favourite stall, the first fitted well-XL, the second I got last sunday is just a large-a bit tight but its ok. going up to the WG on Friday morning-we left at 06.30 got half way there and it bucketed down, nearly turned around and went home, glad we didn't, cleared up after a bit and was quite warm, met a few interesting people on the stalls, "Armouredcockroach" was there but didn't spot him.
Just turned up. Five books on wild flowers and their properties. And a book called Call of the Wild by Guy Grieve. Another 5 combat trousers. 6 95 shirts. 3 combat belts. 4 combat jackets. Over two hundred various items out of ration packets. 6 thermal t shirts. Several new blades. Oh and most important ..... A deck of cards.
3 packs of TravelJohn Disposable Urinals.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003U...UTF8&psc=1

It's alright for you guys pissing up a tree, but ladies do prefer something a little more comfortable and these little things could help