Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been teaching myself how to make and heat treat springs for various mechanical items post shtf.

Great sense of achievement when it doesnt go bluuuuurrrrrgggghhhh and flatten out or go snap..........
And just goes Boing!!!!
Finished the new chicken shed at last , on with the fencing this week , all should be ready for the new poulets by Thursday . Picked some sloes ready for sloe gin today , planned all my winter projects , bought welding rods and cutting discs .
4 tins.

2 x hotdogs
2 x ratatouille
Waterbob arrived today , box is intact no outward signs of damage but i'm fighting the urge to try it out cos i know it'll never be this compact again and how the hell would i get it dry and ready to store again? this is going to bug me having a peice of kit i've not tested.Angry
(16 September 2013, 14:48)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]Waterbob arrived today , box is intact no outward signs of damage but i'm fighting the urge to try it out cos i know it'll never be this compact again and how the hell would i get it dry and ready to store again? this is going to bug me having a peice of kit i've not tested.Angry

Could you not just test it and then demand the wife showers instead of uses the bath?

Had a busy day on Amazon today. Didn't buy much though. Just some books, gear, water purifiers, clothing, actually...quite a bit really.
(16 September 2013, 14:48)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]Waterbob arrived today , box is intact no outward signs of damage but i'm fighting the urge to try it out cos i know it'll never be this compact again and how the hell would i get it dry and ready to store again? this is going to bug me having a peice of kit i've not tested.Angry

I would store it away without opening it,.. the chances are that if the packaging is ok then the goods will be,...I know its a risk, but I think its an exceptable one

...or maybe, you could open it, check it out, dry it and repack it into an easier pack like a tent bag, something like that
You could inflate it with air, if its air tight it'll be water tight and then deflate it with a hoover and suck all the air out and similar sized small package again...
Yet again a great idea p1 i love tis forum!
(17 September 2013, 18:22)Prepper1 Wrote: [ -> ]You could inflate it with air, if its air tight it'll be water tight and then deflate it with a hoover and suck all the air out and similar sized small package again...

if its windy hang on tight...Big Grin
managed to convince TPTB to buy UV5R+'s instead of Motorola CP040 for comms at work

£180 for 1x Motorola, or £110 for 4x UV5R+'s.

Used CHIRP to lock out most of the funtions, except the business freqs we use.

now have 4x in service in various environments, more to follow if it's a successful trial!