Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25 September 2013, 09:56)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(25 September 2013, 09:06)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]LS, you're a beast mate!!! Great work.

Proud and jealous of you.
Bloody stupid moving it on my own when I think about it, but it was the sort of dumb challenge that I can't resist and which will one day turn around and bite me!

I'm now searching for Nubians to lend a hand at the weekend, as per TOF's suggestion.

No such thing as stupid move. More like an education from an experience.

Reorganising some tins, and starting my loft preps this week.
(25 September 2013, 10:05)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(25 September 2013, 09:56)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]
(25 September 2013, 09:06)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]LS, you're a beast mate!!! Great work.

Proud and jealous of you.
Bloody stupid moving it on my own when I think about it, but it was the sort of dumb challenge that I can't resist and which will one day turn around and bite me!

I'm now searching for Nubians to lend a hand at the weekend, as per TOF's suggestion.

No such thing as stupid move. More like an education from an experience.

Reorganising some tins, and starting my loft preps this week.

Don't go dropping through the ceiling ...
(25 September 2013, 10:19)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Don't go dropping through the ceiling ...

As long as I learn a lesson from it, it becomes an education not a stupid move haha. See what I did there?
Danner Boots cause my UnderArmour SpeedFreaks have seen better days. Been wearing them without socks so they're a bit smelly too.
Right suns out ,i'm off for a ride on my bike see if i can track down some of these elusive eley 2 inch cartridges.Big Grin
More veggie preps.
just got back from a nice long walk picked about 8lbs of apples wich will be washed and stored for winter spotted loads of acorns going to look up how to cook and store them .
WOO!!! Found my old solar battery charger in the loft. It can charge AAA all the way up to D's. Only 2 small and 2 large batteries at a time, but hey, it's more charging capability than I had earlier today.
A productive week for us:

Roof access hatch installed, all tiles replaces and flashing completed. It works great.

Through roof hatch No2 chimney repointed, re-flashed and loose ridge tiles repaired

Because of debris from construction and pointing all gutters and downpipes cleaned.

Main drain from gutters cleaned

All remaining fruit and veg in the garden harvested and stored.
Ordered a 25 litre water storage container, with a tap, and another couple of loads of water purifier tablets. Also, although non-direct-prep related, the item could easily be repurposed as a prep item. Fine nylon wine filter. I'm not making wine, but I am making almond milk. It could very easily be used to remove sediment from water....oh wait, that's what it is used for, to remove sediment. I think I'll be trimming down what I have, and using some of the material along with my water storage container. Ideal water purifying. Remove sediment, add purification tablet, presto, clean water.