Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Perfect time to be looking mate...you need to see it(the land)at it's worst/wettest....friend of mine has about 15 acres by capenhurst railway station and in the summer it looks fantastic but the other 8 months of the year its a quagmire.
(15 October 2013, 16:11)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]Perfect time to be looking mate...you need to see it(the land)at it's worst/wettest....friend of mine has about 15 acres by capenhurst railway station and in the summer it looks fantastic but the other 8 months of the year its a quagmire.

Completely agree. This looked amazing. Nearly ideal, space for PV's, Poly's, animals, etc, but after a walk around...better for fish and ducks, and nothing else!!! Shame really.
What have I done toward my prepping today?

I shoveled a wagon load of chicken $*!t onto the garden plot.
Completed my sled today , refurbed my hand cranked bench grinder....added pulley so I can use a foot treadle ,sharpened the hoe I bought sat rubbed some teak oil onto the shaft, now I'm on my seed grab and go case, bit of luck today called in to the chainsaw shop asked about old logging saw....yes he said....under that lot ...pointing to a pile of gear on a shelf....will get it out in a day or two gimme a drink......happy days.
Have you got some way to strap the sledge to your waist to pull it more easily? Climbing harness style. Also, some wheels for summer use?
oooooohhhhhh yes will post pics shortley scythe my boy! Spect you'll run around in tight circles when you see em lol
same as last post, broke down 6 pallets ,breakfast on my hobo , niceish day im going to miss the sunshine.
(15 October 2013, 22:42)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]oooooohhhhhh yes will post pics shortley scythe my boy! Spect you'll run around in tight circles when you see em lol

Post up a review mate.

Would love to see it in use hauling logs.
Sugar Salt and Smoke. A book on preserving produce. In the kitchen ready to teach me. Might even have instructions on how to build a small smoker (flicked through in store, but was in a hurry to get home and ready for work). I'll give a quick review of it after I scan a bit and read some basic recipes.

Also finally got my serrated black KR knife, in the BOB with my other KR Paring knife. Now, whatever the culinary calling, I'm equipped with the best knives money can buy.
Will do S13 ....little trial already and good results.