Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1. joined this forum
2. crossbow target practise (more for fun)
3. A whole lot of incline push-ups (definitely not for fun)
Been a very naughty boy and bought myself a Bison Bush Shirt. Gonna take 3 weeks to be made / delivered Sad

Apparently they're worth every penny though...
Today I'm looking for my new iPod. Lost it already. But on an up note, I found an old Maglite that I forgot I had! Woo! Bonus!!!
(26 April 2012, 20:45)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Today I'm looking for my new iPod. Lost it already. But on an up note, I found an old Maglite that I forgot I had! Woo! Bonus!!!

What type mag you got? I have been meaning to post a thread on torches.
(26 April 2012, 23:46)WetandCold Wrote: [ -> ]
(26 April 2012, 20:45)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Today I'm looking for my new iPod. Lost it already. But on an up note, I found an old Maglite that I forgot I had! Woo! Bonus!!!

What type mag you got? I have been meaning to post a thread on torches.

Not sure what it's called. It's a small one, about 1.25cm thick at it's main body. The top lamp bit is 2cm abouts.

It says MiniMagliteAA on the top bit.

It's not got LED's though like my black one. This one is the old miniture bulb one.
Oh, and I found my iPod as well!!! Happy days!!!
How many batteries & size will identify it.. TL
2 AA's
(27 April 2012, 00:02)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]2 AA's

Sorry I should have been clearer I was more wondering what type bulb it had, i.e. led or xenon.

Anyway this will improve the battery life.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/White-LED-Upgr...56496c9d7f
I will be interested to see that thread on torches W&C. I have converted a few R.A. Mil torches to Ultrabright LED's. those things last for yonks before a recharge and are v.useful with their manual coloured filters and their ability to stand on the ground & light up your workspace without being half buried in the ground covering. Waterproof & v.robust too. I seen them for sale by the hot modder from the US for about £60 + P&P (+customs?). The bits to convert cost about £15 or so. the standard RA torches can be had off ebay v.cheap or new for about a tenner. Not a bad do. I look forward to your article. TL.
TL it will just be what torches I have and why/what role they play what batteries I use and chargers I recommend.

Your input would be welcomed, I think in a few weeks I will have it posted.