Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(24 October 2013, 10:11)Waylander Wrote: [ -> ]http://cast-iron-stoves.co.uk/assets/ima...ooker3.jpg

Just purchased one of these, for a heat source in my reloading shack.

Also a back up cooker if we have any power outages.

WaylanderCool

That's really nice. Lovely bit of kit.
got a pair of viper special ops gloves through the post today....very impressed...a good buy at £13.50 postage paid(naff name though) will be buying more for the tribe now i know there good.
As a precaution for the coming gales picked up the garden of anything that might become a projectile, checked the oil, refuelled and started the genny. Checked the hurricane lamps and refuelled them. Checked the cooker. Checked torches. Got the candles out with a match box taped to the candle box. Made sure the 12 volt lighting is working and that the battery is fully charged. Going to go out after the rain stops and check the vehicles over and put the chainsaw in the disco in case any fallen trees have come down more firewood for next year.
everything that is in the garden or the drive which could become airborne has been removed due to the storm which will hit here around midnight. wheelbarrow has been laid down, shed/garage was reroofed during the summer so no worries there. will check around the area after the storm to see if I can access any free firewood, going to the coast next week to check for same washed up on the beach.
Spent several hours over several days moving things from one side to the other, shrink wrapping and cataloging. I feel like I'm ready for a job in a Library.
Just won a Rayburn on fleabay less than £ 80. Get it back and completely refurb it. Strip it shot blast panels and re-enamel, new fire bricks, new cord, uprated boiler plus anything else that needs replacing. Total price will workout rough £580-600 including price of rayburn.
Bloody hell UKS we Must be bloody twins done the same as you to the letter today so weird.bought more candles, tins , cleared and dug over raised bed ready to plant broadbeans.
We entered the twilight zone.

(27 October 2013, 20:26)uks Wrote: [ -> ]We entered the twilight zone.
Great minds and that
just got a used small freezer of ebay for popping in the shed. I'm intending on using it for processing my soon to be expanding food stores. The plan is to pack the like of rice and flour in mylar with O2 absorbers then freeze for a few days then let them thaw before refreezing again for a few days. After that they will be defrosted again allow the out mylar layer dry then pop the bags into the one month boxes I'm pulling together.

had to buy another freezer as our's is that small it would take a longtime to process the dried food stuffs for storage
I can understand the freezing of the flour, but dont get the freezing of the rice, providing that rice is kept dry, it doesn't need to be frozen

Funny,.. I also got another freezer, but for different reasons, I wanted a third one for dog food, I never seem to have enough room.