Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shopping day! Yippee! I get to scooot round supermarkets stocking up my larder. The storm that never was stopped me only briefly from getting out into the garden to continue the great garden control project. Picked the last of our apples and raided a wild plum tree for goodies for the freezer. Collected more downed branches for the woodstore and helped OH with some fencing.
Tea candles, hundreds of em - 100 for £1.75. heating for the wonderful pot heaters, and emergency lighting if needed.
Got my wife to convert to home-made bread rather than shop bought. Granted it may not seem like a big thing to some & it's also out of an electric bread maker, but for my wife - the model consumer ("ooh an advert on tv for something fancy & useless. I must have it!!"), it's a big step.
(29 October 2013, 11:08)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]Got my wife to convert to home-made bread rather than shop bought. Granted it may not seem like a big thing to some & it's also out of an electric bread maker, but for my wife - the model consumer ("ooh an advert on tv for something fancy & useless. I must have it!!"), it's a big step.

Every step is a step in the right direction.

It is still a step we need to take.
This morning I have:

Finally got my HF antenna up. Off centre dipole resonant on 40, 20 and 10m without an ATU and 80, 60, 15, 6m Bands with an ATU.
Taken delivery of 6 LED lanterns for short term power cuts.
Wormed the ducks and chickens. I keep these for meat & eggs.
Started planning housing to breed large rabbits for meat.
Got a book today!!!! WOOO

Oh and my tent.
Went to order my new shotgun today and lo and behold they had the model and spec I was after in stock nay on the rack for me to maul....didn't like it grrrr! best laid plans and all that....oh well back to the drawing board.
(29 October 2013, 22:47)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]Went to order my new shotgun today and lo and behold they had the model and spec I was after in stock nay on the rack for me to maul....didn't like it grrrr! best laid plans and all that....oh well back to the drawing board.

I know that feeling with other things.
I had decided on a Webley&Scott 912K sporter , 28 inch barrel's, 5 multichokes ,autoejector , manual safety on paper perfect for my needs and to be fair I have shot an earlier model of this gun and enjoyed it very much....but the one I viewed today was not very nice at all , the action was very stiff and notchy ,a bit of trigger creep, length of pull was a tad short for me and was told lengthening it with a thicker butt pad would invalidate my warranty!!!! , and I discovered these guns are no longer built in Italy as before but Turkey now(quite poorly it would seem)the abs case they used to come in has been discontinued so all in all guttedSad
(30 October 2013, 00:04)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]I had decided on a Webley&Scott 912K sporter , 28 inch barrel's, 5 multichokes ,autoejector , manual safety on paper perfect for my needs and to be fair I have shot an earlier model of this gun and enjoyed it very much....but the one I viewed today was not very nice at all , the action was very stiff and notchy ,a bit of trigger creep, length of pull was a tad short for me and was told lengthening it with a thicker butt pad would invalidate my warranty!!!! , and I discovered these guns are no longer built in Italy as before but Turkey now(quite poorly it would seem)the abs case they used to come in has been discontinued so all in all guttedSad

thats a shame you'll have to let us know what you end up with will definitely be of interest to me