Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thanks for the correction TH, tis appreciated.

what bow have you got Mr McCavity??
(17 December 2013, 14:52)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the correction TH, tis appreciated.

what bow have you got Mr McCavity??

NO worries NR, you are right though there is another company using the same name. I believe there is a fishing line attachment option for the Talon, but I have never seen it to be honest as you can't use them in UK, maybe they are just for export??. I might contact Crossbows 4U and have a chat with the guy.
IIRC its the budget Tiapan that has the fishing attachment, sold only in the US, my Tiapan was from CB4U and they were advertising it as a 100lb draw, then after a while they altered the addto 80 lb drawn then a while later to 60 lb draw. mine only lasted a very short while before the trigger failed.
More shopping!!!!! i'm begining to think all this oestregen finding its way into the water source is turning me into a woman(sorry in advance RS) been and got a discount card for go outdoors(£5) bought hexi stove and some extra fuel for another cache i'm planning, bol maps, 3 landrangers and an explorer as the master map and some winter gloves for the car winter driving bag......also collected some bulk shotgun cartridges today....happy days.
just discovered on the os site they do a toughened version, i presume that means its laminated...anyone got any experience of these "toughened" maps ? think i may have to get some...i planned to buy more anyway.
we buy new OS maps in the weekly market at £5 per time, we've got 2 sets of all the ones we use regularly, 1 set in the car the other indoors.
a fiver thats pretty good...i paid £6.30 each today as opposed to the usual £6.99...Slightly more for the explorer.
(19 December 2013, 18:43)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]a fiver thats pretty good...i paid £6.30 each today as opposed to the usual £6.99...Slightly more for the explorer.

the fiver IS for the explorer, also sells others and the county RED books too.

dosent do the laminated ones though!Big Grin

which ones you looking for?(number).
it may pay for me to get a couple of laminated ones for the people who will use them lots in all weaters...i spose i could use fablon and do it myself though as per back in the day.

117 landranger 285 and 286 in explorer

soz 265 and 266
(19 December 2013, 18:50)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]it may pay for me to get a couple of laminated ones for the people who will use them lots in all weaters...i spose i could use fablon and do it myself though as per back in the day.

117 landranger 285 and 286 in explorer

soz 265 and 266

haven't got those, I could see if he's got them in the market but there isn't another one until the week after Christmas.