Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Moved house, bought a turbo trainer, installed aux battery and heating to the van, installed vehicle aerial for the UV5r.
Jst downloaded snow by Ryan clifford to my kindle will read that by end of weekend. Think I found a prepper or potential pepper at work
Planted 20 hazel whips to enlarge our hedging. It'll be a while before we see any nuts, but anything helps.
Bought one of those 200litre water butts that someone else mentioned (lost the OP but thanks)

Arrived very well packed and fantastic value for the money - £5 including delivery

Recommended

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181281380949?s...1497.l2649
Relocated most of my prep supplies to new location to improve security of kit and to provide family with fallback location ( its a bit like a poor mans BOL a lock up garage privately rented)
Checked and updated 2 stashes.

Collected more logs,

Started stripping unnecessary technology from BOV. Objective being improved reliability, range and resilience.
Its that time of the month again...January allowance now availableBig Grin ordered another 3 maps and the"where there is no Doctor"book have taken scythe's advice and posted some surplus gear on ebay to generate some cash for stores...got given a propane bottle so will be getting that filled and pick up a regulator for it while am there....that's 100 hours of cooking now stored(may have a lead on a second gas bottle for gratis) !!!yay!
Cut up some ash , logged ready to split, more tins corned beef and tuna, fitted new flue in garage ...nice n warm again ready for tinkering around , set up another lathe ready for work , WARNING checked out my store room this week and found some tins have leaked these were tin fruit and tin red chilli beans .....I have put this down to the acidic nature of the contents all other tins look fine but keeping a close eye on this.
Just had a Hazard 3 Plan B arrive. Seems well made, nice pack. Not the cheapest, but I've been hankering after it for a while, so thought I'd treat myself Big Grin

Normal prep stuff on top of that, got so many tins now we're at full capacity.
Shopping and reorganising. Nothing exciting. But bits and bobs, slow and steady.