Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I Managed to move my old rayburn to the music shed. ...on my own....... set it in position on some patio slabs. Hit out wall for the flu pipe, cut and welded pipe with rod cleaning box to the outside for easy clean access , so that's done ready to fit tomorrow , next I will sort out the chimney then the hot water and central heating......why am I doing this? Mainly .....BREAD ...since we put in our new boiler to the main cottage ...which is working out great OH been baking on the gas stove. .....just not the same ...and she misses HER rayburn! Plus the fact its good to have another backup number 4 ,the plan is to have baking days......on the shit side .....I will NOT be able to play my drums on these days .....that's rock n roll for you.
Moved house so re-organised so now have a room and the loft for supplies, joined the gym and bought more tins and bottles of water.
Fitted the chimney 6 inch steel pipe ....bolted to wall ..had loads or fun holding the pipe plumb and tacking a weld to the already fitted wall plates with a stick set all off a step ladder........but got it done ....looking good if you got odd boots on, ready for the cylinder which is still in siitu in the old airing cupboard . Got some work on for the next 4weeks .....crunchies all round.........so I will get to it asap and wrap it up, some corned beef, tuna , baked beans, and first aid bits n bobs ......not much ...but moving forwards.....SO WHAT YOU LOT upto.?........l love this thread.
Now established in the new house out in the country so have been taking out the grey squirrel population. Also still trying to find a uk supplier of the new fold up survival bow. Anyone got any ideas?
Brought myself a new (second hand) Jeep. It's good to be back in a 4X4.
Which model did you buy MCavity?
Good work buddy!

This'll keep you entertained for a while:
http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-grand-.../index.htm

I don't think roughtrax do much for the Jeeps, but worth a gander too. There's Milners offroad too, may have bits.

Get yourself some BFGs too
SS

You moved your Rayburn on your own!!!! We're astonished

We moved ours between two of us and felt very proud of ourselves at that feat. We are humbled :-)

Great idea to keep it functional, albeit at the expense of your drumming, which is a shame.
Hey Mort. Brought the 2.5 diesel Cherokee. Been looking into it for a while, really pleased with what I picked up.
Gone the opposite way this time MCavity. You've up-scaled. I've gone ultralite...again.

New sleeping mat. Total weight, sub 500g. Total air thickness...6cm!!!

Bring it on Mr Jack Frost! Let's see what you've got.