Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Picked up the hens and cock ,moved them in to bottom shed this morning....top hen shed moved the blackrocks out...to bottom shed but left kevin there then moved the bantums in with kev.......he rushed into the hen house ...quick shower ...new feather styling then launched himself into the run smelling of BRUTE ......away to go kev!

He is now singing a BARRY WHITE number .......he just Shouted up. THANKS DAD. love you
I planted 11 fruit trees today, from Aldi, £3.99 each. I dug a deep square hole ( apparently it encourages the roots to spread out instead of grow in circles ), threw half a barrow of well rotted compost in the bottom, knocked a big support stake in, and planted the trees.

I must say they look healthy, quality trees. I've got pears, plums and cherries so far. Will visit Aldi again soon to get a load more.

Also, my poly tunnel took a real battering in the last 100mph storm. The polythene was very loose, I thought it had stretched but closer examination showed it had pulled a few inches out of the ground on the windward side. Me and the Mrs tried to pull it tight by tugging on the excess sheet that I left spare but it wasn't moving, so I wound some 4x2 in the spare polythene, put a couple of G clamps on it, and hooked them over a bar in the three point hitch of the small tractor. This lifted the sheet and pulled the polytunnel tight again. Happy days.
Gardening with the wife. Got a bit done, but still plenty more to go. Old fence panels make wonderful blue-barrel covers! You look in the garden and you can't tell there is anything but a compost bin or 2.
Found a ninjitsu dojo in Swinedon, so going along Monday night to get stuck in. Should be a laugh, not been beaten up for years now. Hopefully there's some full contact sparring. If not I've got a visit lined up to an MMA place, which happens to do krav maga and JKD too.
I went to work on a restday for some extra prepping money(must sit myself down and have a serious talk!) I hate overtime!
Went shooting on a friend's farm. He told me about 'The Road' then asked if I ever thought something may happen, because he did. He then asked if I could teach him my bushcraft skills, and the conversation went on. I've not told him much, but he knows I love the outdoors, and said that if anything did happen, he'd welcome us in.

I think next time we meet up, we'll be having a similar conversation.
Off to Blythe in Northumberland to reclaim some of my prepper books I lent out and to swap some more with the Northumbrians Smile
Not much ........tins of corned beef,tomatoes,even more spices and dried milk........work ....fair bit on at moment and life throwing shit my way .....but still staying positive.....I think ....prepping can take you .........a long way.......with the help of some friends......yeah I get by with a little help from my friends.

Joe cocker version........is best ! Love it
(4 March 2014, 23:12)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]Not much ........tins of corned beef,tomatoes,even more spices and dried milk........work ....fair bit on at moment and life throwing shit my way .....but still staying positive.....I think ....prepping can take you .........a long way.......with the help of some friends......yeah I get by with a little help from my friends.

Joe cocker version........is best ! Love it

sure is
Outdoors Wood Burner
2 x 100ah deep cycle batteries
Canned Butter and a few continental sausage meals
pack of Wrights Coal Tar Soap -- Ah the smell of it!