Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(19 March 2014, 17:46)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]wife's Crossman RATCATCHER has been tested and registered at 8.8ft/lbs by our gun club.

a full powered air rifle is 12, before you do anything to it Wink

(19 March 2014, 17:46)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]wife's Crossman RATCATCHER has been tested and registered at 8.8ft/lbs by our gun club.

What are they like for accuracy BP? I quite like the look of them, and a spare is always a good idea.
not ALL air rifle's are FULL power-far from it sometimes. its ok for accuracy but as it only uses 1 co2 capsule(my SMK uses 2 capsules) it has a slightly shorter range, it is after all designed to shoot rats in a barn where range isn't an issue.

they are good for a spare rifle, are shorter than most so can be used in confined areas and can be uprated post SHTF(several videos on this on youtube).
(19 March 2014, 17:21)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Have you modded it or are you running at 6lb?? Bit underpowered for ratting isn't it?

I've seen rats take 3 shots from a full powered air rifle before they expire - tough bastards.

3 shots? What kind of rats are they? Steel armoured? I'm shooting some massive rats, and 1 shot is enough. If I get a bad shot, a second might be needed for humane dispatch.

Getting a new Air Rifle today. My wife kicks arse!!!
Bought 50 bamboo arrow shafts 33 inches.
nice, but don't you need special inserts for those? I bought a trade pack of Ash shafts a while ago .
6ft lb works at 15ft and under , less ricochets and very little damage to the buildings...12ft lb sometimes overpenetrates just punching straight through , the rat will eventually die of its injuries but not humanely...in barns and outbuildings i'd use 6ft lb

received my copy of Retreat from fleabay today ....75p+£1.60 postage ...bargain watch it at work tommorrow on overtime lol
Only if you are putting tapered points and nocks on, then you insert a bamboo dowel into the shaft. I use Horn nocks that fit inside the shaft, and tanged arrow points so I don't need to use dowel inserts. I bind behind the nock and point with strong cotton thread.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/191094021...80&ff14=95
ah yes, of course.Big Grin
My new bow, ready in about eight weeks, 55lbs @ 31inches.
http://www.goongdo.com/archery/origin.php

Nowt wrong with Ash BP makes a good strong arrow, although heavier than the normal Port Orford Cedar most people use, they can stand a lot more abuse, top notch arrow material. I prefer Bamboo as it is light and has a lot of strength compared to conventional woods. It tends to bend round obstacles without damaging the shaft like Western woods. A plus side is that the shafts are naturally tapered, which makes for sweet loose's. It's just a little bit of a different approach to making arrows when using bamboo, but they are all I shoot now having tried every type of arrow wood common to Europe.
collected those pallets and got them home, dug over veg patch,planted carlic, cabbage, potatoes, ......sown lettuce,tomatoes, swedes, radish and more onion sets.....got some second early potatoes and main crop...... more tins .....corned beef, potatoes, peas, tomatoes,......pasta, rice, flour, .....honey, coffee, tea, and some tools. ......stepping up a gear on my prepps just because ........I feel the need to ....for reasons that only make sense to me ....in the coming weeks going to step up on defensive measures with the help of others whom I trust .....some dark clouds have passed over me and I see some sun at last...amen