Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11 May 2012, 15:41)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(11 May 2012, 15:38)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11 May 2012, 14:56)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]just bought 5 pocket torches...delivered this morning £1.75 each, also got a mini pair of binoculars, got some tyreweld on order.

Make sure you've got a completely flat tyre before you use the tyreweld.

Mine wasn't, I'd actually just tried to re-inflate it. "Stupid!" I hear you say. Yes, indeed. But not as stupid as you look when you have to wander back into Tescos, covered in this manky shit that exploded out the top of the can, to buy another one.

Lesson learned - the hard way Big Grin
could of done with some the other week..now that tyre WAS completely flat, i got some tyreweld for the car..a double pack now sitting in the net inside the car, this other tyreweld i've ordered is some smaller tubes for the new bicycles we bought.

This stuff is pretty good: http://www.ultraseal-swiftlysorted.co.uk/

(11 May 2012, 15:45)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11 May 2012, 15:41)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(11 May 2012, 15:38)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11 May 2012, 14:56)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]just bought 5 pocket torches...delivered this morning £1.75 each, also got a mini pair of binoculars, got some tyreweld on order.

Make sure you've got a completely flat tyre before you use the tyreweld.

Mine wasn't, I'd actually just tried to re-inflate it. "Stupid!" I hear you say. Yes, indeed. But not as stupid as you look when you have to wander back into Tescos, covered in this manky shit that exploded out the top of the can, to buy another one.

Lesson learned - the hard way Big Grin
could of done with some the other week..now that tyre WAS completely flat, i got some tyreweld for the car..a double pack now sitting in the net inside the car, this other tyreweld i've ordered is some smaller tubes for the new bicycles we bought.

This stuff is pretty good: http://www.ultraseal-swiftlysorted.co.uk/
bit expensive....i paid £1.99 + postageTongue
Made a £600 hole on my credit card this week after waying up the pros & cons of the Euro / EU/Greek/Useless public sector workers and the likleyhood of chaos this summer.I reckon Greece will leave the EU and renage on its debts, If they do the Irish and Portugese will prolly try the same. Meanwhile i reckon the unions will try and destroy the centre right alliance running the country through strikes.
The cuts in benefits etc and falling standards of living will probably see at the very least the chavs and ethnics rioting in the warm summer weekends. I've bought a mountain of extra food, fuel, medical supplies, extra clothing, etc, had both vehicle comprehensively serviced. Increased the amount of time doing SAA with family members, bought some newer up to date OS 1 / 50,000 maps. Scrounge a full UK computer based mapping system. Bought more crossbow bolts, nock ends, string servings etc.
Spent extra on food today my son had a shock when I read him the riot act and told him with a few choice words thrown in to stay away from the preps food cuboard and his mates. Also n the next couple of weeks I'm upgrading one tent, tarp and getting new sleeping bags
(18 May 2012, 18:49)Pagan-Mist Wrote: [ -> ]Spent extra on food today my son had a shock when I read him the riot act and told him with a few choice words thrown in to stay away from the preps food cuboard and his mates. Also n the next couple of weeks I'm upgrading one tent, tarp and getting new sleeping bags

Just in case you don't know if that cupboard is in the kitchen it is not best place to store long term foods, too much temperature fluctuation.
Considering the size of the shoebox its ideal and no cooker at moment so no temp probs when I get cooker its being moved no offence but I know my food I'm a chef
(18 May 2012, 22:07)Pagan-Mist Wrote: [ -> ]Considering the size of the shoebox its ideal and no cooker at moment so no temp probs when I get cooker its being moved no offence but I know my food I'm a chef

It’s hard to scope on a forum what people know, no offence taken.
Today I might have popped over and done a bit of shopping for the Scout Jamboree this weekend (sorry for the confusion SD), but I am now the proud owner of a new Vango Ultralite stove, a load of fire rule tablets, and a few letting tin openers. Yeah a tin opener is going on my car keys! EDC is loading up nicely.

I'll show a picture of the space saving!
Just completed my Bug out bag [or 72hr bag]. I already have a complete car bag.

Next thing is a 72hr bag for the next person