Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been checking the legals for a hunt tomorrow. BORING!!!

Did some animal anatomy work, to make sure I get clean 1 shot kills...not so boring!
Just been informed that my new Korean mail order bride is in transit, can't wait to get her in the woods and see how far she'll bend.

http://www.goongdo.com/archery/origin.php
Reconfigured Burglar alarm, adding sensors, and additional sounders.

Installed CCTV system....very impressed, just what I hoped for

Purchased an 48 LED waterproof IR lamp to extend night vision range of one of the CCTV cameras ( thanks for an idea from S13)

Finalised decision on new roofing material, after much discussion with a specially pragmatic survivalist friend. Final decision is to fit a profiled metal roof made by the Finnish firm Ruukki. This should be pretty much maintenance free for the next 40 to 50 years and will also enhance the solar gain effect that I am planning to capture with a loft heat pump project that I'm working on.

Today cycled 35miles in hilly terrain with loaded panniers and FAT spaniel as tail gunner on the back of the tandem. Bloody dog is going on a diet, starting immediately!!!!! Shit that was hard work:-(

Rest of BH will not get any easier as I'm planning some major horticultural changes to the garden
(19 April 2014, 10:49)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]Just been informed that my new Korean mail order bride is in transit, can't wait to get her in the woods and see how far she'll bend.

She certainly has the curves to make a man happy! haha

(19 April 2014, 16:23)Lightspeed Wrote: [ -> ]Purchased an 48 LED waterproof IR lamp to extend night vision range of one of the CCTV cameras ( thanks for an idea from S13)

Will be good to get a review on how it works out mate. You know how I'm using an IR spot, so the transfer of principle will be good.

Right, on to what I've done towards my preps. Well, I got piles! Haha, I'm kidding. But I did spend a damn long time sat up in a high-chair (yes, I know it's a high seat, or a tree seat, or whatever you like to call it, but a high-chair sounds great for the comedy element). I was up for hours...and then remembered I had left ALL my decoys at home. In a box. By the front door. Now I have a second set of decoys in a box in the car!

While getting the new decoys, I got me a nice new rifle sling. Just bringing the Gamo up to scratch. So far...really impressed with the springer.
S13, Your logic confuses the hell out of me. If it is as simple as putting the decoys in the car why didn't you just put the ones you had in there? Saves buying more decoys and leaves money for more pellets.

I've rehoused the bantams and the chickens. They don't like being cooped up but that will teach them. Built and filled one of my raised beds with a variety of veg.

Things looking good so far.

Bought a Raspberry Pi for Rivers PBX and it appears to have other uses. I'll probably end up with a few of them managing security in various ways from encrypted voice to VPNs as well as looking at using it as a portable computer for accessing the files.

Just uploaded another couple of Gb of files to the files site.
(21 April 2014, 16:58)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]S13, Your logic confuses the hell out of me. If it is as simple as putting the decoys in the car why didn't you just put the ones you had in there? Saves buying more decoys and leaves money for more pellets.

Sometimes I go out with friends and we double up decoys. So I don't like to leave them in the car. Now, I can be mostly asleep, and still have a set with me, or take them with a friend and forget to pick them up on the way back, but still have a set available.

I is genius! haha
off out to get membership for costco(free thru other halfs work)excitedBig Grin
Purchased shelving unit.

Also camouflaged my air rifle. Pics will be up soon enough.
Been checking my medical kit today. Just noticed some of the Gelofusine infusion bags and some of the Antibiotic injections went out of date last month! Guess I need to keep a list of all use by dates and where I keep the itemsBlush
24 kilo's of salt in 6 kilo tubs for just over a tenner....12+2 340g jars of manuka honey for a pound a jar ... think i'm going to like costco!

not a very high umf number on the honey so more for food than medicinal usage.