Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bugged in at BOL at the moment. Foul cold and wet weather at the w/e meant permanent firing of the multi-fuel range. Now its hot and sunny, so loads to do around the garden.

Dug a new veg plot this week in ground that's not been disturbed for decades.... Removal of turf and double digging was by pick axe!

Greenhouse coming along nicely. Many more tomato plants etc than we'll ever be able to use.

Huge numbers of wild strawberries flowering on the bank behind the house.... dilemma is how to cut the grass there without destroying the strawbs.

Wife asked me to rig up her birthday present, TRX balance exercise system, in the stable doorway. Wow, that thing is brilliant. I ache all over ( but maybe that's from digging the new veg patch)

My Crosman 2100 pest control air-gun was delivered yesterday evening. USA made. Variable power. Very quiet. After first hour's plinking accuracy very impressive. I'll do a write-up on it in a few days time.

Gave the stove a de-coke and general clean-down / inspection after its first full season's operation. All OK and all went back together without any spare pieces left over:-)
Reloading gear has finally arrived after an 8 week wait, guess I'll be decapping and sizing my.38 cases ready for gun club tommorrow
More rifle mods, also picking up some gear from a shop near Dartmoor tomorrow.
Changed out scopes and re-zeroed the SVD pseudo-rifle.
The fence not started yet .....work.....rain...should have some chicks hatching within the next four days,more tins beans,peas,sausage and six jars of honey, pasta , flour , sugar ready for my preserves , ......busy in work and falling behind on garden a bit....and I am missing my table and chair and a coffee and looking over the meadow on the other side of the valley, but work makes the money to sustain me and mine so comes first....feeling my age last few weeks......but if S13 was to come knocking and wanted to go hiking.........I would piss all over him......leave him standing.....ha ha
Bought new HELLE knife and magnesium firestarter and another dozen crossbow bolts.

http://www.helle.no/products/knives/fjellkniven/
Knock Knock SS, let's go hike mate.
Saturday we hiked the planned over hill rout from the further of the two local rain terminals back to the BOL. Plenty of water suppluies and wild protein to be had en route. Managed to bypass the one and only village without meeting a single soul.

Stumbled across an uninhabited hunting cottage / BOL, complete with outside loo. That's logged on the map:-).

Huge number of ticks at the moment, we removed at least 20 from our dog during and after this trek:-(

Hill top view back to BOL from 2 hours out, means walkie-talkie talk-in should be possible from that position. It also means that we'll be stepping up light security precautions ( for post SHTF eventualities)

Total journey time 6 hours in the good conditions we had. We need to plan food and equipment for 9 hours in case of less clement weather.

Sunday I built new stairs to make loft room a more usable living space. Installed a couple of old single single beds up there that would have otherwise been scrapped, bringing the Ark capacity to 9.
Had my back sorted.3.5 hrs op.should be up and about in a week or two.going to sort through preps while off.wife sorting allotment and dogs
Yesterday saw me building a fruit cage for a semi-prepper friend. Not a major prep.

Also, lots of practice with the shooting/walking poles. I'm really pleased with them. Next will be crouched/kneeling shooting off them.