Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Harvested 14lbs of Gooseberries. and made lots of jam. Been getting some good Rhubarb, and Wifey has made Crumble ooh yes. Bought myself a Barbour Stockman for those nasty wet & cold Winter months and a Helle Fjellkniven knife. My next essential prepping purchase is a holiday in Mexico,as sometimes you really need to chill out.
Nice one TH. Try and check out Shellha. I can't remember the spelling. It's awesome fun if you like fish.
I do like to fish when on holiday and look forward to having a go. I'll be in Tulum so will check out the rates. I'm really looking forward to visiting Chichen Itza and a few more Maya sites.
(21 June 2014, 12:04)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]I do like to fish when on holiday and look forward to having a go. I'll be in Tulum so will check out the rates. I'm really looking forward to visiting Chichen Itza and a few more Maya sites.

Chichenitza was awesome. The walk up the steps of the temple pyramids is not easy going.

The stuff about the games they used to play was weird. The winner got killed as a sacrifice to the gods.

When we were there the hotel was releasing the turtle hatchlings into the ocean. Each hotel has to collect eggs off the beach, and they all have an incubator area. I swam out with a little turtle. They may be small, but they're bloody quick!

Have an awesome time mate.
I read about that Scythe, they played a form of ball game where they hit it with their hips and try to get the ball through a hoop on the wall. They certainly went in for cutting peoples hearts out, and all sorts of other blood curdling practices. If you are interested the account of the conquest of Mexico makes good reading, and explains a lot of the traditions of the tribes in the area.

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/32474

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/32475

Volume 1&2
Me and my boys had our first archery lesson and they were both really good and even better, so was I!!!!! I cant wait to have more, I even heard one of the others say he thought I was a natural, yay me
Superb news Madgirl151, the more Archers the better in my book. It is a good wholesome sport that will give you years of joy, and is good exercise.
I picked a couple of punnets of Raspberries today, will be picking more Gooseberries tommorow, and also harvesting Coriander and a few new Tatties. The Sweetcorn is looking very nice, as are the outdoor Toms.
Complete garden overhaul. Ripping nearly everything up and redoing it all.

Sectioned a load off today, so have a dog free zone. This means I can do more pots and less risk of stuff being chewed or dug up. As a result...strip it and start again. Providing nothing major happens in the next few months, it'll not be a major devastation to our food. It'll be finished by the end of summer, but that's fine. As long as we have stores to last over a year, we have plenty of time to get it up and running for next season. Thank goodness for the front garden.
going to go through all my preps. ......food store, tools, gennys, in short the full monty .....starting Monday next . Just bought another bitchy 2.8 with the head gone......fitting new head this week, I know the history of the beast ....great buy cheapl as chips had to have it. I must order new seeds this week to.......I now have a twenty quid note on my hip most days these days ....fuck ....there I go bragging again but hey .....its true
Cut up some pallets today.
http://imagizer.imageshack.com/img901/5397/htV1tE.jpg [/img]
[Image: htV1tE.jpg][/URL] [/img]