Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
got 6 loads of horse muck for the raised beds.
Building new hen house......yes I know I built one earlier in the year ...this has not worked out well, putting all the hens in one place now......have plans to move poly tunnel to ...more light, will then use the ground for more veg , it never ends . But I will get it and have it right in the end.
Hen house is completed, and insulated, working on the fence trying to complete it by Sunday and move them in. More food stocks .....every week that never changes, the new food store not finished yet but only needs insulating and ply sheeting to inside , the root store is part of this this shed, bit of luck ten gal of motor oil for thirty quid ...good stuff to...
That's all folks !
In preparation for Mr Putin's antics this winter we spent the whole weekend converting seasoned wood to stove feed-able format, and stacking ready for use.

Estimate is that we have approx. 200 days worth ready to use.

One negative: My favourite axe's shaft split half way through converting and I find myself with no spare... lesson learned.... but I was able to continue with a slightly larger felling axe.

Arms still aching :-)
Hens are in new shed all fences are finished.....they love it........caught them throwing some shapes on the perches and singing .....your my first my last my everythang....barry white number.....finished root store today ready for stocking......boxing in the hot water cylinder tomorrow down the music room. Onwards I go
The tank cupboard is finished ....now on with rear garden ...big clean up then making raised beds ....its easy when you say it ...lol !
I bought two 24 hour rat packs to try from Evac8, I blagged 4 more from military mates, ordered a selection a extra long polo shirts ( work wear) for EDC use, still trying to break in a pair of Dr Martens boots , I think I do prefer Magnum mindset for EDC use as they don't require breaking in, but they aint as pretty as DMs Smile

Laundered and Ironed a selection of DPM Smocks I got given and packed them away as workwear for after TSHTF, I hope / think a few folks who visited last year are dropping in again this weekend (prepping family)
I love DM's but jeez there hot in the summer....blagged work into providing them on health grounds but now they provide some whizz bang orthopaedic boot from Germany with insoles and shock pads in the heel...nice but I liked the DM's better....never tried the Magnums...like the look of the side zips....easy on for those late night pee's.
I bought a used pair of Magnums at Glastonbury years ago, they lasted ages but were incredibly light compared to other boots I had. The soles really did soak up shocks well. I'm of the opinion that any pair of boots is useless until properly broken in to your own feet and worn regularly, so if I ever have to bug out I'll be wearing my work steel toed boots that I know won't cripple me.

Oh, regarding preps, I've now got 4 pigs and cleared out another sty ready for some more. They're Kune Kunes, which can survive happily on grass. I look forward to sausages in the new year.
Bought a bigger backpack online for new winter GHB, also have some lightweight camping gear on order that can hopefully try out before winter sets in. Also met a couple of factory outlet suppliers of LED torches, walkie talkies and other electronic gear for a possible prepping store that my mate is looking at starting up in the new year.
Got new trainers too and the will to lose some weight and get fit, so have started jogging/stair running a couple of times a week. Hopefully will see some improvement in the next few weeks.