Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Modded some Alinco 2m transceiver antenna's yesterday. Now at 19inches long, they are the correct length ratio to frequency. Now just to test them soon.
(6 June 2012, 00:05)Timelord Wrote: [ -> ]Modded some Alinco 2m transceiver antenna's yesterday. Now at 19inches long, they are the correct length ratio to frequency. Now just to test them soon.

Are you going to do a thread on this TL?

This them right?

http://www.wsplc.com/acatalog/DJ-V17E_2m...eiver.html
Yes & no - mine are an older model. DJ-S11. Can be had quite cheap. Very low power but v.good quality for a cheaper branded handheld. Low power can be overcome by modding the antenna. See this site link, from page 13 :-

http://www.parallax.com/Portals/0/Downlo...Space4.pdf

picked up a new small every day bag. A 5.11 PUSH pack
unfortuneatly all ive done is read read read! well that and practised my fire making, hunting, shooting and practical skills, but im a long long way off where i need to be! im not even particularly fit, although i spose that is something im doing to prep! ive given up sweets and such like, got a far better diet going, although still tweaking, ive started to exercise a little bit and im giving up smoking Big Grin
We have made a start with our stores and I am off out today scouting the area to the north of here.
another good place for a razorblade is under the colour, so if somebody grabs you thier they cut themselves

had my new knife delivered today...yep that right another one, well you cant have too many can you??Tongue
(30 June 2012, 15:32)James Jackson Wrote: [ -> ]another good place for a razorblade is under the colour, so if somebody grabs you thier they cut themselves

Under the collar even JJ Smile
Bought some more food. Picked up a bit from Skean's list to suit my needs. Nothing major in terms of quantity. (certainly not the 15 months!) But I now have a lot more tinned soups, rice, honey, pasta, crackers, condiments, cereals, tinned meats (assorted), canned milk, tinned fruits etc to go with my existing similar supplies. Probably a couple of months worth. (I would hope anyway)

I've also picked a second hand single camping stove and some butane to go in the cupboards.

Also finally took some of the items out of my first aid kit and worked a few wound dressings, eye patches, alcohol wipes, plasters, mixed meds (lemsips, paracetamols, ibuprofen, constipation, diarrhea, hay fever tablets etc and the like into a small first aid kid that I've attached to my EDC bag.