Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
same old/ sunny out , need kindleing and fire wood , chop chop.
Put up some more fence, so I can keep more pigs.
Home brewed .38's worked a treat , shot to point of aim at 25m same as factory spec , no feed or pressure problems , trail boss is a bit smokey but I can live with that given it's versatility.... now got my standard general purpose .38 round that I can make anywhere with the absolute minimum of kit/consumables...no chrono available but I've figured they should be making around 730 fps and a little over 200 ft/lb at the muzzle ...11.8p per round vs 24p bought readymade.
In process of buying a house on the edge of the city I live in. Nice large garden,
Very tall dense hedges surrounding it. (8ft tall) Plenty of privacy. Will get chickens in the new year, then start on veg growing etc.
Good on you Carnebwen i wish you the best in your move and hope things go well GOOD LUCK.
Yes, hope the move goes well and works out for you Carnebwen.
Thanks. Finally feels like it's worth prepping now since I've been in rented for 15 or so years. Garden has a summer house too. I want to do it up like a novelty 1950s american basement bunker but other half wants to twee it up with fairy lights and polka dots.

Regardless, it going to be great to be able to get water butts, storage space for larger amounts of food and water in and around the place squirrelled away.

I'm pretty sure I could get a goat in the garden too as its split up into various self contained areas (garden within a garden). I'd have to see when I'm there as the current owner has an area walled off for wood storage (carpenter) but that area alone is as big as the garden in my pokey ex council 2by 2 I'm in at the moment.

Back boiler is coming out and a wood burner going in too if I can get a bit of extra with the mortgage.

It is exciting times indeed.
All the best in your new home, may your home be happy and prosperous.
Good luck fella, maybe consider a pig instead of a goat.
fell on my feet today , after leaving the gym spotted a skip outside a oap home , they are replacing their bedroom suites , so a skip full of the older thick woodchip furniture , result filled the car nice.