Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After realising how unfit I actually am, I've decided to get myself back into shape & try to get reasonably fit again. I've a few aches & pains from the 1st couple of sessions, but nothing too unpleasant.

For my allotment I've employed someone to lay the foundation for a new 24ftx6ft greenhouse & I'm in the process of building more raised beds. Then like Mary, it's time to browse seed catalogues & see what I'm going to grow for this season.
Not been on here for ages!

Moved house again since my last visit, finished 3 contracts, new baby, too much new gear, got some chickens and a rooster, some mods to the truck (jacked up the rear end by a few inches, bigger MT tyres)
Been a busy year!

Dartmoor this weekend with Phil (McCavity) for some hiking/camping/fishing. Bring on the snow!!
Welcome back mate, I wondered where you'd been. Good to hear you're still keeping your hand in.

Congrats on the baby
welcome back

been out since 4am snow ploughing ! such fun
(20 January 2015, 21:17)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Dartmoor this weekend with Phil (McCavity) for some hiking/camping/fishing. Bring on the snow!!

You're not likely to find any snow on Dartmoor this weekend... you'd be better off heading to the Brecon Beacons if you are after snow .........
saw some "white stuff" on Dartmoor at the beginning of the week, more likely to be frost than snow though!!
Colehayes Park again is it? http://www.colehayes.co.uk
(20 January 2015, 23:03)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]Welcome back mate, I wondered where you'd been. Good to hear you're still keeping your hand in.

Congrats on the baby

(21 January 2015, 09:42)Tigs Wrote: [ -> ]welcome back

been out since 4am snow ploughing ! such fun

Cheers lads!

(21 January 2015, 12:09)Devonian Wrote: [ -> ]
(20 January 2015, 21:17)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Dartmoor this weekend with Phil (McCavity) for some hiking/camping/fishing. Bring on the snow!!

You're not likely to find any snow on Dartmoor this weekend... you'd be better off heading to the Brecon Beacons if you are after snow .........

Ah, we can live without the snow.

(21 January 2015, 14:19)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]Colehayes Park again is it? http://www.colehayes.co.uk

Nope, not there. Nice site that though, I do like the set up they've got. Nice big communal fire pit and shelter. The owner is a jolly nice chap to boot.
he ought to be, the money he must be making with that set up, he's laughing all the way to the bank.
(21 January 2015, 19:40)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]he ought to be, the money he must be making with that set up, he's laughing all the way to the bank.

Imagine the running costs though, must be big.