Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Preparing the garden for the next season. Digging a new courgette bed and preparing an area for chicckens
(22 January 2015, 12:03)SecretPrepper Wrote: [ -> ]Preparing the garden for the next season. Digging a new courgette bed and preparing an area for chicckens

Cool. We just got chickens a couple of weeks ago. Also have a rooster...

Forgot to shut the door to the hen house the other night, noisy bugger was out and about at 0430 crowing like mad. He may get eaten soon...
Picked up 20lb of smoked Haddock and Cod. Making a couple of "Endless" strings for my Bows, and making more Arrows as I smashed Four last weekend. The Tatty beds are ready for planting when the weather warms up in Spring. I really need to stop the neighbours Cats shitting in my tilled vegetable beds, there is nothing more disgusting when using a Trowel and finding buried Faeces where your intended food crops grow.
is that how you smashed the arrows mate Smile them cats move bloody fast
I didn't consider all the factors with regards to the shotDodgy

In other words I missedBig Grin and hit rocky soil.
(29 January 2015, 13:39)Tartar Horde Wrote: [ -> ]Picked up 20lb of smoked Haddock and Cod. Making a couple of "Endless" strings for my Bows, and making more Arrows as I smashed Four last weekend. The Tatty beds are ready for planting when the weather warms up in Spring. I really need to stop the neighbours Cats shitting in my tilled vegetable beds, there is nothing more disgusting when using a Trowel and finding buried Faeces where your intended food crops grow.

Spoken to a few people who use 2 liter bottles half filled with water. Don't know how or why this works, but they say it keeps the cats away. It's free, so if it doesn't work then nothing lost, and only poo gained Tongue
get a water pistol! there is an "old wives tale" not sure its true, that cats don't like getting wet.
Or! I could visit Flamingo Zoo and get a litre or two of Tiger piss, that would really fuck with their heads wouldn't it. Especially when I wait for the little twat and play a tiger roar as wellBig Grin

making arrows as we speak lol

(29 January 2015, 13:43)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]is that how you smashed the arrows mate Smile them cats move bloody fast

Barney old bean, at Ten yards I don't miss!
It's my birthday soon, so the missus has treated me to a GB Small Hatchet - from the reviews I've seen it's going to be a very handy bit of kit. Should be here next week at some point.

Also just ordered a new radiator for the truck from roughtrax. The current one has a tiny little fissure on the top - doesn't cause much trouble but no point risking a new engine for the sake of a couple of hundred quid. I'll be fitting it myself so that should be fun... Rolleyes

Need to enlarge the area for the chickens to run around in, hopefully get round to that tomorrow. Also need to find out why the blowers in the truck have packed in. And my back is still f*cked from something I did earlier in the week.

Hey, TH, if you get some tiger piss can I have some? Should confuse the fuck out of Winston.
That's exactly the hatchet I have, and very useful it is. I use mine mostly for splitting kindling, the more I use it the better I get at it, it's a skill that takes a while to learn.

Mine is showing some damage to the shaft near the head, where kindling has repeatedly hit the wooden shaft. I'm thinking of fixing some thin metal sheet there, in the same fashion as their splitting maul.