Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been checking the dates for our bobs and longer term items getting ready for the end of the year?.
damn wish i was that far ahead, so far ive just got some very basic items....how i hate not having money Tongue
Money is an overrated thing.
I was going to say Woolworths would save us all but alas no more.

Long live the pound (£) stores!
Money is the root of all evil
and evil is the root of all money!

and i dont need to miss woolworths, cause i live near wellworths! xD which sucks Tongue

also without money i cant get much kit, i got alot of stuff knocking around the house thats quite useable
all i got is research and knowledge Tongue, but hey i guess it just goes back to the whole knowledge vs gear Tongue but i want both lol
at least i got a cheap knife for 6 quid Tongue
There is alot of equipment bits and pieces you can make yourself i.e. woodburner from a gas bottle http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/kit/re...ottle.html have a look around the net

well i have made a few things like a little alcohol stove out of some aluminium bottles i had lying around and ima gonna make some glasses and cook ware too, they even look great
and that really doesnt emphasize how easy making stuff is as you need an angle grinder to make it xD which i dont got Tongue
Send family out on bikes to check out various issue, Suitability as bug out routes, signal strength for cell phone and CB radios, and general set up of their two mountain bikes.

I'm starting to feel personally that this bloody injury is permenantly going to prevent me from bugging out using a bicycle, So I think I'll likely end up with a 125 cc trail bike.
if you do get a 125cc bike, get one with an electric start..you dont want to be jumping up and down trying to kick start it with a bad back!!
Just been looking they are all restricted !!!, no bloody use to me.
I got quite hopeful about the 250 and 350 cc range of choppers and street bikres from AJS til I realised they are now made in China.