Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No not a bit Mary....hum.....i am now relaxing in a hot bath while wifey sneaks in at unpredictable intervals and throws a cold glass of water on me....she thinks this is really funny and that i actually like it.....she is on the mend alright !
The drive belt finally arrived this morning, thicknesser is running and made some sawn oak beautiful already, fitted new stoptap ready to load up 1000 gallons of drinking water ...i am moving the tanks.....WHY DID I EVER SELL THE MINI DIGGER AND BOBCAT ? my brain had a day off...what a idiot i am !
Well, it's bottoms up in the garden, so I've been planting out runner and broad beans, and chard. This year I'm growing beetroot and parsnips in plugs to see if I get any better results - last year was a bit feeble. It is so dry here at the moment and I need to crfack on.

SS, will you please SLOW DOWN you're making me dizzy.
oh forgot to mention , radish....crunch munch ! today ..all be ready by Sunday or Monday ...if i can resist that is....i even carry salt in my pocket ! and hide behind the 4 x 4 to carry out the deed...just in case wifey is watching from the kitchen window...sad but very true Mary....i love being naughty and the added bonus of a more intense taste...plus if she happens along..she is very silent when she suspects wrong goings on....i have my alibi sorted..." i heard something knocking just having a look dear "

Well I don,t bloody believe it ! ...just walked into kitchen to make a coffee....wifey cleaning dinger..... i make a cup ( no she does not want one ) i take a mouthful..." The radish is ready...you will have to pick some for salad tomorrow " mouthful of coffee over floor !..."Wrong hole i say " floor cloth ...and retreat to tell you lot.... I can hear Mary in my head..."serves your own right SS your a very very naughty boy...get out of my sight ! "
Made a Dozen Arrows last night and will be going out shortly to shoot them. Happy days all round.
Well folks , been busy ...removing old stocks off roofs of garage and cutting up over the past couple of days .....back and fore the tip today all day....with still ten more loads to go just to clear what i have cut....and i am only 30% done....another 70% to get down and cut...in between that been planting stuff in containers ( still waiting on the planners) but as you can see my plate is full...but plugging away slow but sure...food preps have slowed (except seeds ) .
Despite working 70 to 80 hours a week for the past couple of months, I've been able to get a decent indoor veg garden set-up and growing. Built up the sides of a planter box to around 1 meter high, and have a massive potato plant growing like crazy in it. Also have a couple of tomato plants, a cucumber vine with heaps of growth on it and salad greens, as well as a couple of as yet unidentified self-sown climbing veg (either cucumber or loofah) in the balcony garden, plus mint and parsley that has regrown after being attacked by our pet rabbits. Speaking of which, the female appears to be pregnant, so might have a litter to deal with soon. Have also met up with a bloke I used to work with who now has an outdoor gear factory, so will be looking at possibly getting some camping stuff and a few other bits and bobs from him soon.
Flying lessons
mmmm flying ...... why are all my favourite fun things to do so fekkin expensive...I need to win the lottery...I'd make a great playboy lol enjoy S13 you lucky bugger
(31 May 2015, 20:47)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Flying lessons

Whatever happened with the idea for the plane build....?

Did it ever get off the ground Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Sorry!