Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know it'd give me the hebegebbies!!!TongueBig Grin
NO BM twas a one off , i would have bought the chain saw £150 also if i had to cash on me...just the way it go,s pal.
Just got some chickens, 3 little hens that will hopefully start laying soon
up like a lark this morning, picked eight pounds of gooseberries , five pounds red currants and about three pounds of rhubarb,so oh and i are busy making jam and spiced redcurrant jelly for our preps, had a skip delivered this week so clearing crap and making ready to (hopefully) start building, a pal of mine will let me have his mini digger shortly so i can clear and push to level some ground....i have cleared and used a fair bit of tinned stock in readiness for the eventual move.....the toms and cucs are coming on strong , peas , potatoes ,carrots,parsnips,broad beans , celery, runner beans,and onions are doing really well this year.....been using fuel stash ...ready now to refill afresh......getting the other Bitchy ready to use this winter within the coming weeks.
I moved a shed i built last year, all timber construction including floor with glass fibred roof 14 ft x 8ft ...jacked one end up with two trolley jacks and slid under 4" steel tubes four off.....put some rope around the bottom and hitched up to the bitchy pulled it up about 40 ft .....sweet as a nut, my son in law and brother helped, filled another skip, emptied the old cabin of crap ready to now take down.

I intend to sort out the other bitchy this Saturday with some help from my pal Tony....we always talk about the shit we got up to forty years ago ...you will here our laughter a mile away.

Waiting on the digger ( the grading bucket is being re bushed ) can,t wait to kick off the ground work and storage cellars .

If anyone is wondering what is wrong with the bitchy.......last year we fitted a new head and she was running sweet...BUT developed a fuel problem , i think its the fuel line taking in air...trying to start it i over heated the starter motor ....so fitting a new one, then we will sort out the fuel line ...hopefully she will be ready for winter ....two new batteries ready and waiting to kick the bitch back to life.
I had some good luck in finding a retired farmer looking to clear out his barn - bought a tedder, windrow, chain harrow and milking machine for £280 . All good quality kit, too.
Well the Bitch is back !.....fitted the starter motor ( well Tony did ) soldered some wires and fitted new wipers all round , put the two new batteries on....bingo started a bit lumpy at first but cleared and purring away now, had to take driver side inner door panel off because electric windows switch was sticking open , but now cleaned up and working fine.

Gave it a good wash (been parked up under some trees for a year ) was a right bastard had to do it three times ....looking nice now though.

The digger is coming this week ! so i will be into ground works.

what do they call a Frenchman buying some sandels...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................PHILLEEEP FLIPFLOP ! sorry one of tonys...
started to re stock my food stores , I like to run them down [eat it ] then build up again.
we never run down our food stores, we never know what might happen, so we restock (+ buy a few extra) on a weekly basis.

"rotate, rotate, rotate."
Quite right BP !......but it can be a bugger...i am stocking for fifteen ....thirteen live elsewhere four of which think i am nuts....lose lose for SS.