Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(23 July 2015, 01:17)Midnitemo Wrote: [ -> ]have collected a couple of dozen innocent juice cartons over the last few months (1.5 litre) have cleaned and dried them, took the first batch to work today to fill with filtered water from our drink fountain, loving the size as it fits perfectly under the fitted kitchen units when the kick board is removed.

A drop of un-scented bleach or a home-brewing sterilising solution helps to keep them potable.
I'm currently getting in my "heirloom" seed stocks, got most of what I want got a few to get then that will be done.
I did think about adding something to my new water stock but didn't bother in the end as I felt the water fountain's inline filter and the secondary uv filter would get rid of most impurities and the water is going to be stored in full darkness on stone tiled(cool)floors, dependent on how long it has been stored I may run it through the berky before I use it.,have got a 210 ltr poly drum of water in the storeroom that I added bleach too

but that was tap water unfiltered
It's been a harvest day here today. Picked pounds of gooseberries for freezing; raspberries are perfect right now (ate some for supper, the rest frozen for later jams and jellies); broad beans have been pulled up and podded then prepared for freezing. Tomorrow I start on peas. Freezers are getting a bit chocker.
I bought a niteize led upgrade combo kit to try on one of my aa maglites(converted one of the others with little success a while ago with a cheap triple led from China)this kit is very good and also has an on off plunger base too....chose to convert a brand new torch from my powercut box which lives under the stairs in the hall.....as I had to empty it to find the torch I thought I'd take a pic of the contents.

Can't get the pic to load....I hate technology grrrr ....url wtf is one of them lol

Just purchased me a load more medical gear. Only about £20ish pounds worth, but it's adding up to a good amount.
Arrows-----lots of arrows, broken nearly a dozen. But the good news is that my Son Luke did "Robin Hood" on one of my arrows at 20yds, I was well chuffed, but of course I told him it was all luck and that he'd never be as good as me and all that---cough----cough.
talking about arrows, I saw some nice straight wands growing just up the back lane, i'll be going up there to cut a few within the next few days.
Cut them long BP, and them tie them tight along the length. As they cure they will come straighter, and will be easier to fully straighten later mate.
Thanks for the tip TH .