Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(21 July 2012, 18:07)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Just been looking they are all restricted !!!, no bloody use to me.
I got quite hopeful about the 250 and 350 cc range of choppers and street bikres from AJS til I realised they are now made in China.

i think this hypocrisy towards Chinese bikes is unfounded, i've bought a lot of stuff from China-not bikes- and never had any problems, as long as you can get the parts whats the problem? they said all this about Jap bikes when they first came out and now everyone is riding Jap bikes!
got a new tent the vango banshee 300, its very watertight, light and fast to put up. green and got netting to put over it Smile
(21 July 2012, 18:16)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(21 July 2012, 18:07)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Just been looking they are all restricted !!!, no bloody use to me.
I got quite hopeful about the 250 and 350 cc range of choppers and street bikres from AJS til I realised they are now made in China.

i think this hypocrisy towards Chinese bikes is unfounded, i've bought a lot of stuff from China-not bikes- and never had any problems, as long as you can get the parts whats the problem? they said all this about Jap bikes when they first came out and now everyone is riding Jap bikes!

My brother bought a nice new shiny chinese copy trailbike new a few years ago. What a heap of crap that was. The rear sprocket would not line up with the front no matter what adjsutments were made and the engine was gutless. The whole thing shook badly and it was all just cheap & nasty with a high system failure rate. After 600 miles and most of the time stood faulty or at a local bike shop - it was sold on ebay to some other unfortunate. When looking online at ebay. it became apparent that there were plenty of these chinese clone copy bikes for sale with similarily ultra low mileage. Now I know why!! Utter rubbish..

The thing with the Japanese was that they re-invested back into their manufacturing & design process over time. The trouble with the Chinese is that they are an outsourcing operation at the lowest cost - and that means all corners are chamfered drastically!! The original prototype batches for manufacturing acceptance, is not what you get once the plants are churning the stuff out. Look at the major major problems the Yanks and other Militaries are having with most of their high tech weaponry. You don't get that with the Jap components but you do get it with the outsourced shite from China...

As for the bike - yes you could get the parts - through selected budget importers, but the parts were shite - badly fitting to shite bikes. Thats the problem! Not wether you could get parts or not..

( I don't swear online or off it often, but when it comes to Chinese gear - well I just can't help it! lol - sorry) TL

With that military contracted stuff I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't manufactured badly to begin with. Or designed with a kill switch to disable whatever it's in when the time comes.

Ahh hello visiting American diplomat. Welcome to china. Have a free high end camera loaded with key loggers and viruses for when you plug it into your pc back home.
not long got back from Bude car boot, picked up a couple of sets of metal shelving, just what we need for sorting out the larder...cost on line/ something similar £39 EACH.....got both for £17-he wanted £20 but OH wasnt having anyBig Grin dragged them back up the field to the car..bloody hot there today, not heavy just bloomin awkward.Tongue
now got a meths stove, gas stove head that fits into my army stove and a small wood stove, getting the biolight stove that powers usb devices from states. Think i have enough cooking things for whatever hits. A new bootkife, hunting knife and small knife, tent, rollmat, sleepingbag that goes to -12, liner, i think im nearly their for a camping stlye grab bag
just this second "won" an auction on ebay for 50 disposable lighters, cost £5 free p&p, to go with the others i've already got!Big Grin
if you want any tent/camping kit millets have a massive sale going on
(22 July 2012, 19:09)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]just this second "won" an auction on ebay for 50 disposable lighters, cost £5 free p&p, to go with the others i've already got!Big Grin

BP and his lighters xD spect you got a few thousand by now Tongue
(22 July 2012, 19:37)Hrusai Wrote: [ -> ]
(22 July 2012, 19:09)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]just this second "won" an auction on ebay for 50 disposable lighters, cost £5 free p&p, to go with the others i've already got!Big Grin

BP and his lighters xD spect you got a few thousand by now Tongue

dont know, got a tin full and these will be added to those, they dont take up much room and will be needed once TSHTF and the power goes off....at least thats my excuseBig Grin