Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The name Border terrier is a misnomer, trust me on this they make lovely pets but they should be called Were-Terriers, and NEVER let the buggers off the lead especially if their is even the remotest chance of them picking up a rabbits scent. This little bugger of ours got wind of one and disappeared nearly 3 miles up the beach at Blackhall.
really looking forward to having a dog again....was fancying a blue heeler(just once it would've been nice to choose exactly what I wanted lol) but this little fella came up and needed a new home so her indoors got her way again(as per) all other dogs I've owned have been rescue cross breeds , see how Charlie pans out and I may get him a blue heeler sister to play with.
More fruit trees from Aldi. £3.49 each, good quality too.
Bought some gooseberry plants 3 from the £ shop....really good quality ....should have bought the blackcurrants and blackberries ...none left yesterday.....when you see a bargain....grab the bugger !
Looking at getting a used static home up in Northumberland as a weekend / family / prepper retreat, seen a nice small place with only 8 statics around a pond , no kids allowed very quiet place near Beadnle.
picked up black and red currant plants from the £ shop ...they just had new stock in.
£50 on tined fish in veg oil
Just brought 4 Mala RFID wallets 2 quid each.
Planted out more gooseberries, redcurrants and loads of raspberries SIL brought them down from Hereford ....we now have loads of fruit .....was going to put a row of spuds ,broad beans and onions in ....just to wet....waiting on some top soil from my mate ...i have ordered two trailer full's about fifteen tones ...but everything down here is to wet to move.

My mate John from the farm opposite mountain nearly lost the roof on the old barn , so been sorting that out this week (not going anywhere now! ) .

Had to have a few words with a sparrow hawk this morning....he upset breakfast for the loads of wildlife we have around here .....he did have a blue tit though.

Over the shed this afternoon ....finished two small projects .....at last !.

On with a new prepps store this coming week ...ran out of room ! .

After all the work i have put in these last five plus years ....i can never seem to get in front....there's always something to do....a preppers work is never done but there again......i love it !
The tree surgeon turned up today as he promised , three bloody huge trees to take down and all are awkward and have to be climbed ....one oak ,one beech and one ash ....not cheap either ..but way beyond my remit ....as i watched ....and felt money escaping from my already vacant wallet i realized how hard these guys worked and the danger involved...my only saving grace was all the nice firewood being created and some payback....i will save some beech and oak to make stuff in the times to come...the well head for example.
On another note ....the bitchy brakes have gone....brake pipe corroded on the back axle so been fixing that or i should say my mate has ...with some unwanted help and interference from me ...i love the way i am told to fuck off in a real nice way ...followed by "put kettle on lad" do sumut useful ! that done ..."cut me some wood about 12 inc long .....how many i say.....enough to keep you in that shed for half an hour ! and out of my way.....cheeky bastard!