Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In this case your humble opinion might be too humble, as rare as such a thought could be!

Lots of folks don't know enough to tape a pair of insulation panels together before covering them.

Doing it or not might seem like common sense to you or me but some day another might need the bit of knowledge.

Just a suggestion.
Humbly report sir* that you might be right.

It was a bit of a thread diversion, but there was not much to divert at that particular time.

Note to self: Must be more disciplined in future! :-)

* The good Soldier Svejk by Hasek. A fun anti-establishment read from times gone by (WW1)
Wood store for the new place....picked the timber up on Saturday morning .....cleared the ground (steep incline) then set in some 4"x 4" posts propped them plumb .

Sunday set all the 7" x 2" joists onto the posts then using 6 " decking boards ...laid the floor and trimmed off.

Today Monday picked up more timber then studded up the walls, dropped in the roof joists and bolted up......off i go down to the bottom of the ground there are four steel profiled sheets there waiting on me (i saved these from the garage conversion) i hump them up one at a time they are 10 fts x three and a half .

I throw them up onto the roof joists and fix them all down.......the light is fading ....i go hunting for timber offcuts to fill in the walls....i have loads and will do the job ....i want good gaps so the wind can dry the firewood .....i collect enough to do the job and should finish tomorrow the shed size is 10ft 6 ins x 9ft .....will be ready for Saturday ........off up the pallet yard ...should do about two loads ....trailer and van.
New med bag is now ready to go.
New antenna bracket for my SW antenna is being made.
Hand-held 2m band radio is reprogrammed for the area.
We're in pretty good shape (I hope)!
The wood shed was finished, first load of pallet wood picked up last Saturday and cut ALL OF IT stacked it out in the new shed.
Fixed the greenhouse down onto the new base, and glazed up this morning ....ready for seeding up......on with the new poly tunnel this afternoon ....all the frame is bolted together and moved it into position......will have to dig out some access soil to level up tomorrow then apply the polythene (in one piece and stitched together ) so easy just throw over the frame and throw some soil over the flapped bottom skirt which anchors the thing down and holds it solid ....10ft x 20ft ....going to make some timber raised beds the full length and both sides .....they will stand off the floor 2ft for easy working and no bending .
Ran two boards 3 ft apart in the centre of the poly tunnel ....covered with some taram felt and covered that with 3 " of clean chippings to form a pathway ...also formed pathway from the poly tunnel to the greenhouse, cut down some mesh shelving to form a potting up and seed table two shelves was enough to cover the 10 ft run of the greenhouse.

Took a walk down to the poly tunnel down the rear ground....found my greenhouse oil heater and my electric one gave them a clean and fired them both up .

I have been promised some timber to construct the staging in the new poly tunnel ......should have it in a day or two .....tomorrow i will give the greenhouse a thorough clean and pick up 8 packs of potting compost ....and start some seeds .....and chit up some potatoes ....been raining for a few days .....so doing stuff inside ......called into Aldi's this afternoon ........this girl just came up to me and tried to grab my giggly bits .....i of course moved swiftly backwards to avoid her aspirations ....oh no not again i mutter ...my wife steps in and puts the head into this girls face (i think she broke her nose) then my wife ....looking at the the crowd now assembled said " you would have thought after 48 years i would be used to this sort of behaviour by other women wanting to take my man.......but i guess i will never be able to take it " .........this is bolocks .......but just wanted to spice up my post.
well the promised timber did not arrive...................so i went out and bought some 50 lengths of 6"x1"x 10FT ...................so end result is raised beds are now complete both sides of the poly tunnel ......today ran in some concrete blocks to make a bed from the drive way to the poly tunnel and concreted a pathway to the greenhouse had to cover all with tarp (frost tonight ) set some boards up to hold soil from poly tunnel path to greenhouse path to form another bed for flower boarder....... wife insisted......will fill with saved soil, compost,and manure tomorrow.......in my garage this afternoon fired up that kero heater.....i paid big bucks for ......its brilliant ......had a bit of a clean up .....but i will be on the case all day tomorrow to get it all done ...need more room for stores being kept down the other shed (temporary because of the move ) about 50% done at moment ( good old LS ) has given some instructions on my comms that need sorting out WHAT A GREAT GUY fuck he's nearly as nice as me......taking some pics .....be fucking great when i can [learn how send them within a text .......being married for forty odd years truly is a wonderful thing ......these days i get the shout ( tea is ready sweetie ...comon in its cold ) it's not that long back.......tea .....would be the last thing i would be going in for......i know girls ......filthy beast.....oh aye ......that used to be me .....neck of lamb soup tonight.....had four bowls full oh yeah ......real hot fucker me .
I am sitting at -5 w/snow. It will be weeks before I dare plant.
Took in another two tons of heating fuel ( wood pellets). This should see us through to end of the burning season.

Purged another spammer from SUK forum. (Answering MB's comment on the Purgee's advertising post, I awaited overnight in case there was indeed something remotely Prepper related in that post) These things appear to becoming more and more the norm as a result of companies offering programmable spamming robot services for a fee.
I have a low tolerance for spam and the spambots that spread the substance.

Also for real people that only post in order to sell their wares. Only time they log onto the forum is to show the new knife, belt, bag or trinket they just finished and you can buy for a "discount" because you are a forum member.