Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(6 February 2012, 11:54)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]You get caught with them you are in trouble. They are also of limited use for you in a combat situation as you are not an assassin. Take a solid metal pen, solid boots and a solid belt buckle on a belt. All legal and more use than a razoe blade.

I've been thinking about that last bit for a little while now. More use than a razor blade. I was thinking what I could use the blade for, and I was thinking, I could cut off flexi-cuffs (cable ties) but then I thought....I already know how to escape them. Then I thought about cutting off ductape, and I realised the same thing as flexi-ties....already know how to escape.

I've been teaching BJJ for 2 years (nearly) and have been doing MMA for ages. So self-defense isn't the issue.

I think it's just too much survival reading and listening to Americans.
Bought a british berkfield water filter and 2 spare candle filters for it. I was going to make this, but it's just so shiny that I couldn't help myself.

Also got a 10 shot magazine for the BSA Ultra. Sweet!
Today I have done nothing but look into somewhere to rent. Sounds like an odd prep, but it's actually genius (althought that's probably spelt wrong).

By doing nothing, I am waiting! Oh yes! Waiting! What for you ask? Why, thank you for asking such a question. I am waiting for a WHOLE LOAD of items to arrive at my damn door! These items are pretty, preppy, and not too costly. Mostly clothing though.

The 'somewhere to rent' part is also a cunning prep. Girlfriends dad, as cool as he is, probably isn't going to be down with the whole massive prep thing. He's already said about his disinterest in storing a big of fuel on his premises, so that's fair enough. The reason for looking for somewhere else to live is really simple....I can be more extreme with my preps. I can load up the whole space under the bed with tins and camping gas. I can load up the inside of the wardrobe, and the shelves. I can even fit more shelves to load up with more food! Also, I'm looking for somewhere closer to Ashton, which is just because that's where I work. Which means I will be saving money on fuel which means I get to spend more of that money on preps or on saving for my own place (probably this option)

Oh yeah! S13's own place!!! Did anyone say they wanted to build a fallout shelter?
Good luck with that. Having your own place is much better.
(10 February 2012, 14:13)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]Good luck with that. Having your own place is much better.

i agree with that, i wish we had the money to buy our own place!
When I get my own place, I'm going to rip up the garden and sink 2 huge cargo carrier freight containers into it and then lead lining the outside, then concreting that to 12" below the ground level. Then I'm going to put 12 inches of soil on top of all that, and I'm going to farm........nothing!!!

I don't want people to look into my garden and see crops growing!!!

I don't mind them thinking I'm nuts. I don't want them thinking they should come round and eat my crops!!!
farm away. When tshtf then get out there and denude everything down to bare branches. Then when they come around there will be nothing there but next year the plants will come back and you will be ready.

Take advantage now with reduced prices because you are growing most of your own.
I think we are now getting towards the stage where we may need to actually utilise some or all of our preps because the way the world is going, I'm not going into lockdown mode or anything like that but I'm relocating my caches, printing off more materials, breaking off social connections with some folks I dont interact with that often, not getting involved with helping any one else settle around here, not seeking any more mutual support agreements , I'm spending a bit send the family on various useful courses over the next few months such as a 4x4 driving course for the missus, horse riding and quad lessons for son. Basically I'm going to gradually move into the shadows and be far more alert. There is nothing much more I can do with others except on the forums and recently I've seen some truly brilliant intelects join the forums with superb amounts of knowledge and skill to share, and these great new additions to the community are far better at explaining stuff than me, so I can ease off on forums as well ( and of course my health is not helping lately).
Overall I think its time to start watching and listening more than before.
More bulk supplies of dried goods, a few more bits and pieces, more ink for the printer to print off dowloads. Little and often you supplies soon build up.
Sourced Offroady tyres for the truck
Removed rear seats for storage capacity - lined the rear with rubber matt & spare tarps underneath
received activated carbon filters x2 & 1 micron sediment filters x2
received & secured more components for starlight scope build
received components for 3rd & new build 160 lumen mil RA torch- with dimmer & running off rechargable AA's
Overhauled Sthil saw & fitted new blade & arm -(much improved!!)
Studied further on other workshop eng prototypes
Researched Ham radio some more & I.D'd local group
Finished classic WWZ book.
Other stuff - can't remember..