Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SS You are making me jealous, The amount you are getting through every week is tremendous. I'm barely getting a fraction of this and I think I'm doing OK.
SD its not that difficult really......i have pretty much retired.... early ....what is tremendous is the fact that eight weeks ago tomorrow i was on the operating table having a triple bypass and a new aortic valve.......the commandant is going ape shit ! with me....nothing new there then.....i have hopes when on the beach the ladies will go nuts about the scare ....making me even more irresistible and interesting than i was before.....i know....some guys get all the luck.
Lots of onion pickling. bought 2 large bowls down local market for a pound each.

Found some old lamps someone dumped, nice finish quality of brushed stainless steal so stripped the insides and replaced the 240v gear with 5 watt led usb light bulbs and turned the lampshade part the other way round - now have some very sexy looking uplighters which are very cheap to run and perfect for emergencies as they will power for days on end from one of my emergency power boxes I've previously made.
Speaking of pickling onions LAC ....down Cardiff market last Sunday ...i bought two eight kilo sacks of small pickling onions £3.00 a sack ! ....i bought ten boxes of pickling spice a few weeks back ...i have gallons of vinegar in stock ....all i really want is my new shed finished ....that will be done by tomorrow eve .....picked up a Belfast sink off a mate this afternoon along with some worktops .....Free...., so that lot will go in on Friday , also got lucky with a freezer A rated ...not a year old and FREE.....and a small fridge .....FREE and if that's not enough .....some steel racking also Free ....shit like this never happens to me as a rule....so i will savour every moment.....oh and also one 2 gal plus two 1 gal plus one half gallon demijohns Free......eighteen Kilner jars for £10 .......shed......bloody factory more like......i recon i will peeling away this coming Sunday eve nice and warm in my shed.
Fantastic deal SS, to get those sort of deals I need to go a bit further afield, and although I do like Cardiff, it's a bit out of my way for some onions, so will try Green Street in East Londonistan, playing General Custer!

You sound like you are in heaven though. Well done with all the free stuff and good luck with finishing the shed.
The commandant caught me struggling with a sheet of OSB this morning .....held me in a full nelson till i went blue so i had to stop.....she even handcuffed me to the railings and muttered " you'r to dull to have a headache "......whilst being cuffed (and in the rain ) i hatched a cunning plan for Friday.........rang Joe ......be with you for eight son ....no problem get brew on lad !
Painted all four walls and ceiling...two coats , laid cushion floor covering,fixed the steel racks,put in the freezer and fridge today ...worktops and Belfast sink were put in Friday /Saturday all joints were tapped and corked up ......the only thing left to do is the electrics which i will sort out tomorrow (Monday) the LPG Hob is coming Tuesday and i will fit that and then i will be ready to rock n roll ! ......another job done and scratched off the list....moved the greenhouse this morning....to the bottom garden so sil can get stuck in glazing up....Next up .....the aquaponics set up ....12 ft x 12 ft building ......but i will have to make a new door n frame for the poly tunnel first ...or it could end up in West Wales.
SS are you purposely trying to do as much as possible before you kill yourself with heart attack?

Is life really so bad that you want to end it all through excessive work less than two months after open heart surgery?

I have had the heart procedures, done the rehab, followed the guidelines, and what you are doing is not on the approved list of normal activities. Your sternum is not even fused back together at this point!

There are easier ways to go, and if the ones around you are making life so bad you want to end it let them do their own painting, greenhouse moving and garden digging.
Sternum fused back together,bloody hell MB ,that just made my testicles rise into my stomach.SS MATE you need to take it easy pal
What BB??

You did not realize that they crack you open like a boiled lobster to get at your heart for those bypasses?

Sternum saws, rib spreaders that look like old fashioned vehicle jacks, then they wire your sternum back together by drilling holes and sewing it up with stainless steel wire.

And most folks consider the worst part having a vein stripped from your leg to serve as bypass hosing.