Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday I was looking for duct tape, the shop didn't have any. I spotted a roll of warning tape and had an idea...I have to bug in, If it came to hordes of people swarming my street looking to break into houses, I could roll said tape out in a square in front of my door, leave a few smelly bags and clothes strewn every where in the hope folk think something nasty has happened and they stay clear?
Does anyone else have any ideas what I could use the tape for? It's black and yellow stripped.
I also thought it would come in handy for sealing plastic sheets to the window if needed.
Heh, I can get all sorts of "caution biological hazard" tape, stickers and destroy by incineration bags like that from work. Never thought to use them like that.
Get a Radio Active sign and fix it up, or a sign for a contageous disease, Use a Health and Safety heading. Surround the place with Hazard Wanings and Yellow and Black Hazard tape. Kenneth Eames.
we can get bio hazard signs in our local smallholders shop.
our place has skulls and gargoles in profusion, old woman across the road has said we are evil witchesBig Grin humm..that might keep the S.O.B.'s away!!Big Grin
(31 July 2012, 15:24)Kenneth Eames Wrote: [ -> ]Get a Radio Active sign and fix it up, or a sign for a contageous disease, Use a Health and Safety heading. Surround the place with Hazard Wanings and Yellow and Black Hazard tape. Kenneth Eames.

Neat idea Kenneth, and i know just where to get the radiation warning stickers.... only problem is that tew will have been used and there's a small chance that they'll be "hot" :-(

Maybe better to make my own.....

Just finished canning Bolognese sauce and some sausages.
Found some foldaway tin openers in Wilkinsons so added a couple packets to the stores.

Bought a new cheese cutter and steek water kettle that uses the cooker to heat the water not electricity.
Ordered new bread making bowl thing for the machine.
By the end of today I can say I have built a work shop, just installing log fire and all done.
(4 August 2012, 18:36)WetanCold Wrote: [ -> ]By the end of today I can say I have built a work shop, just installing log fire and all done.

Well done with that mammoth task sir!!