Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just got an E-pax medical kit with extra antibiotics, a 3 person tent from millets( on sale), 40kg of rice from liddle and a second uv-5r! havent been DF'd yet
ive invented a new game to play when im bored, its called salvage, and basically you have a minute or 2 to look around a normal room at your house, or your mates house, or anywhere really, and come up with a list of things that are useful and for which purposes they are useful for.

so sitting in my living room typing this i can immediately come up with a list of 9 objects consisting of, knives, lighters, paracord, cotton clothing (to make some quick charcloth, an altoids tin, a small roll of black tape, an bottle of apple juice and a roll of string and a firesteel,

using these items i could make a shelter, a set of bows and arrows, a sling, some tinder, a couple of ways of lighting such tinder, and various other things, its really a very good game to play, and certainly helps to do quick assessments of useful items in everyday locations (although i cant say my house is an everyday place xD)

its also a great thing to do when in public places and such like.
I'm hoping two new compound bows will arrive by RM this morning and then I'll start of redisigning our BOBs and EDCs to accomodate them.
just got back from the 99p store !! cans of stew beef for 99p each thats over £1:20 cheaper than i have seen it anywhere else , did get a funny look taking 2 unwrapped packs of 48 cans to the till but who cares !
(10 August 2012, 10:38)Tigs Wrote: [ -> ]just got back from the 99p store !! cans of stew beef for 99p each thats over £1:20 cheaper than i have seen it anywhere else , did get a funny look taking 2 unwrapped packs of 48 cans to the till but who cares !

OH has just said she would like to know what % meat is in those tins, it should say on the label...if it dosent??
40% its the same as other tinned stew beef
(11 August 2012, 06:24)Tigs Wrote: [ -> ]40% its the same as other tinned stew beef

just looked at one of our tins from Lidl's....75% beef!! but that costs £1.99 normally, so i suppose i depends whether you want cheapness or you want more meat content.
Sawdust and Solylent green making up the difference Smile

96% Braising steak, 4% stock. Local reared Beef. One of the advantages of Canning your own.Tongue
just bought a Vigo 15litre cast iron apple press(brand new-never been used) RRP £150...for £35Big Grin