Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11 August 2012, 10:39)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]96% Braising steak, 4% stock. Local reared Beef. One of the advantages of Canning your own.Tongue

Ah Yes finest southern beef...... gills, scales, fangs and swim bladder removed before processing Smile
Prime southern beef cattle grazed and fed only on the lushest sheep, chicken, fish guts and sawdust , guarenteed BSE and flavour free Smile Smile
(11 August 2012, 11:20)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]
(11 August 2012, 10:39)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]96% Braising steak, 4% stock. Local reared Beef. One of the advantages of Canning your own.Tongue

Ah Yes finest southern beef...... gills, scales, fangs and swim bladder removed before processing Smile
Prime southern beef cattle grazed and fed only on the lushest sheep, chicken, fish guts and sawdust , guarenteed BSE and flavour free Smile Smile
when were you last on a farm NR? dont know about where you live but in my neck of the woods all the farms are family run and the cattle(and sheep) are all out grazing the fields not stuck in some factory farm living their entire lives on concrete, maybe that happens somewhere but it dosent happen down here, this is traditional farming country not some mono cropping desert.
(11 August 2012, 11:31)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]

when were you last on a farm NR? dont know about where you live but in my neck of the woods all the farms are family run and the cattle(and sheep) are all out grazing the fields not stuck in some factory farm living their entire lives on concrete, maybe that happens somewhere but it dosent happen down here, this is traditional farming country not some mono cropping desert.

I thunk west country heiffers were Dairy beasts in the main? with beef critters in the south eat and midlands, with the rare 5 legged, two headed cumbrian cattle limited to windscale and north wales Smile
London cow bling http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=were+co...s:44,i:227

zombie cows http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=zombie+...s:21,i:158
(11 August 2012, 11:35)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]

I thunk west country heiffers were Dairy beasts in the main? with beef critters in the south eat and midlands, with the rare 5 legged, two headed cumbrian cattle limited to windscale and north wales Smile
London cow bling http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=were+co...s:44,i:227
yes, west country cattle are mainly milkers, but they ONLY come inside twice a day to be milked the rest of the time they are out in the fields.
[Image: 2aLoGzla389X9zlFPAaTrXV7I.jpg]

HAHAHAHAHA SILLY COW HAHAHAHA THATS FUNNY

Its a cow thing it seems

[Image: funny-cow-photos-stuck.jpg]

(11 August 2012, 11:47)WetanCold Wrote: [ -> ]Its a cow thing it seems

[Image: Funny-Cows-1.jpg]

tis indeed a cow thing xD

Ditto, BP!

(11 August 2012, 11:41)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]yes, west country cattle are mainly milkers, but they ONLY come inside twice a day to be milked the rest of the time they are out in the fields.

Well ours are better than yours because after Chernobyl ours glow in the dark and its easy to find em at night. Smile
(11 August 2012, 13:34)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]
(11 August 2012, 11:41)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]yes, west country cattle are mainly milkers, but they ONLY come inside twice a day to be milked the rest of the time they are out in the fields.

Well ours are better than yours because after Chernobyl ours glow in the dark and its easy to find em at night. Smile

if thats the case i'll stay out of County Durham then cos you all will glow in the dark...not just the cattle!Big Grin
I made my first prepping shop, going to Tesco and Lidl, buying stuff like tinned goods, water, toothpaste, antiseptic fluid, toothpaste, soap, bin bags, coffee etc. I am still living at home, doing my A-levels and so storage is an issue. We live in a tiny rented national trust cottage, so we have agreed that anyone can use the stored goods as long as they are replaced.