Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wait until the type 2 diabetes hits him!

All that jam sitting there and he can not touch a smear of it.

All I have been allowed is the sugar free marmalade stuff for over a year now.

The real killer is to fold. I can live without the jams and jellys, but I have not had a good pizza or any icecream for that same time!
When i got up this morning it was raining Pete ...so instead of weeding done the jam instead.....when the rain stopped ...back to the weeds mate......mint jelly next , bought another 36 jars from Wilco earlier today ... most of all i make will be given to family and friends ....its become a tradition ....or a rod Pete ........pickled onions,eggs and chutney is coming up shortly ....i sit in my chair by my table under the gazebo look over to the meadow opposite while the wind chime knocks out a tune and work away top n tailing this and that ...and remember friends that have passed and ones that are here making up this life of mine......and wish sometimes ..............they would fuck off and stop drinking all the beer and wine i make because i am not allowed to drink it anymore ......and the bastard jam come to that ! ....but i still have a drop of single malt ....just to kick back a bit .....which reminds me no victims lately humm ...will have to hatch a plan Pete...entrapment ...i need to get some kicks.
Jamism must be catching SS we’ve just done some gooseberry, blackcurrent done last week, but not the quantity you do. There again we’re not feeding friends and family.

Apple and plum trees are doing well but pear tree is pathetic, but it’s only 3 years old so maybe i’m expecting to much to soon.

We had some rain the other day, it lasted about 20 seconds and it didn’t even wet the ground, our small garden pond is nearly dry, pond liner is good so must be just evaporation, when i water the garden tonight will drop the hose in for 15 minuets.

In both vehicles and in all bags we’ve started to carry some isotonic drinks and salt tablets, with this heat any exertion and you sweat profusely, if you have to move out quickly with a backpack muscular cramps are last thing you need, and the drinks should be better for rehydration (otherwise athletes wouldn’t use them).
Rhubarb and raspberry jam today ....pulled the rhubarb first thing (picked and froze the raspberries weeks back ) 9 jars .....mint jelly put back till tomorrow morning......MB type two got me years ago pal .....1998 ...and like most idiots i chose to ignore the condition for YEARS and hiding from it ...(the new plan) i spoke of weeks back now involves injecting a two part mix into my tummy every morning...pay back for a fool ...as a good friend of mine said ...just before he died " if i knew i was going to live this long, i would have taken better care of myself ".....RIP Clive.....so do not waste anytime on sorrows for this fool.....your post (MB) did give inspiration ......on the up side i remain incredibly good looking and girls want to do things to me and on that note i think i'll have four pints of cider and a fuck off jam butty.....the last bit is a joke MB
Live it up SS.

So far I do not have to take any injections, but I am poor, fat, bald, and nobody loves me.

Someone remind me why I am trying to "survive"!
NOOOooooo we think you'r fab MB.......wild child ....and me.... flicked on our lighters and are waving from side to side and facing west ...and we don't even smoke !........the other day i bought six antique looking bottles ...thinking i would use them for the apricot gin...only to read the label when i got home "not for liquid use" decoration only ....so we have just built a shrine out on the deck and screwed a candle in each bottle neck...in you'r honour ....she is now singing Krishna Krishna ......fuck its like 1968 all over again around here.
Mint jelly 8 jars.......Gooseberry jelly 7 jars.....high winds blew one row of runner beans over last night ....but all okay now ...pulled the row back to true (with the digger and a 25 mm chain) ......Jack was a bit pissed ! had to go to A&E .....he is okay ! lucky but okay.
It rained steadily overnight and until lunchtime today, not torrential like some areas and we were spared the high winds. Waterbutts are nearly full and we are promised more rain tomorrow. Used a large tarp to collect more water, just as an experiment, surprisingly easy and efficient.
Glut of Cucumbers...so sliced some of them up 4 ibs along with 4 onions and 2 sweet green peppers ....salted up and left for 12 hours ....today boiled up the cider vinegar added the mustard seeds , salt,ground ginger and sugar .....added the rinsed and dry veg simmered for five mins and jarred up made four 2lbs jars.........the runner bean count stands (today) 13.5 lbs ...from all rows ...potatoes to date 15 lbs ,....onions to date 16 lbs....eating celery.....beetroot is on steroids ....the King Edwards potatoes i planted in the failing raised beds of straw are doing very very good (from the ground up) so i may well have redeemed myself...off on the hunt for grab apples this week and checking on the blackberries for jam and wine .
Found a grab apple tree ...and close by ...another two weeks they should be ready.....the blackberries about one week ....sowed more peas,broad beans and some french beans ..... recovered the polytunnel ...looking gooood .

Bought plums and some oranges at the market this morning for next to nothing....and converted it into 5 Lb jars and 4 8oz jars of plum jam.....set up another marrow and started it up ready for rum....i normally hang the marrow in some old tights (its a pain in the ass) so i finally made a support frame ....i have been threatening to make for years ...works a treat ! .