Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which trailer are you paring on the slab SS?

I finally set my caravan up on piers since it had not rolled anywhere in 5 years!
The trailer is used mainly for firewood , logs,and general carting this and that, single axle 4ft x 7ft x16" high with drop down tailgate .....its light ,tow's well and well made.....very handy !
I have a similar trailer and have owned one for decades. They are a great substitute for owning a pickup truck or in addition to a pickup truck.

They are also small enough to tow behind a small vehicle so your daily driver can do pickup duty.

Mine is 4'x8'x24" but I made it with removable tailgate, so same thing for all practical purposes.
Ordered the timber for the double doors and frame yesterday , which arrived at 2 pm today ....cut in the frame and bolted into the steel supports ...finished just before it pissed down (storm Callum is heading in) major rain and high winds tomorrow (Friday and into Saturday) just as well ....i will cut and put the doors together tomorrow 8 ft x 8 ft opening size ....nice n dry in the workshop they will be ready to swing first thing Saturday ....nice and very secure .....trip wire and two Claymore's .
Doors made and ready to swing tomorrow.....new tracks being delivered for the digger,so i will change them too .....gusting winds and heavy rain (callum has arrived alright) awake at 3.30 am ....the land drains i put in are working fine and doing the job ....at this rate i could run a factory off a pellton wheel.
Dropped 20 degrees C in the past 24 hours. High today is cooler than the low of two days ago.

It is autumn in Kentucky!

Almost time to seal up the house for winter.
That's one hell of a drop MB , thunder , lightning and lashing it down right now ....debris everywhere around and about .
Yep, wind is howling like a demon here atthe moment. No rain yet, but it's on its way. Difficult to stand upright outside, and dodging the falling debris is tricky. I love Autumn!
We’ve had steady rain all day and the wind has been bad but the worst of storm Callum seems to be to the west of us, we’ll see what tomorrow brings. Thank goodness we don’t get anything like hurricane Michael over here, you guys in the US are certainly having it bad this year.
Actually not so bad.

Michael was bad yes, but the rest of our storms have been few and mild.

As for Michael, well that is a study in the best course of response to SHTF being early evacuation.