Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Y'know I have REALLY got to stop saying NEVER on issues of kit, I would ADVISE against putting budget gear in a tactical kit, Apple-ologies
(27 August 2012, 16:05)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]Canned 9 jars Minced Beef.

Hi TOF,

what sort of canning equipment do you use? The wife and I are both interested to get started on this, but I'm struggling to find a pressure canner over here (or one that is reasonably priced anyway) - most seem to be available in the US. Also, are they dangerous? I've seen a few with warning etc about the pressure and valves etc. To be honest I don't really understand it fully! I was going to try and make my own water bath canner, but thought better of it!
Started looking at camper vans. I have a three grand budget. any advice??
More mushy peas and rice pudding bought, sorry just can't help myself at such cheap prices hee, hee.
(31 August 2012, 16:19)Prepaday Wrote: [ -> ]More mushy peas and rice pudding bought, sorry just can't help myself at such cheap prices hee, hee.

Hi there Prepaday. I hope you've slorted out some kind of ultra tough chemical toilet to deal with the after effects of all these mushy peas and rice pudding? Confused
Rice pudding is bad for the a ss? Mushy peas maybe but rice pudding? why? Smile
(31 August 2012, 16:24)Prepaday Wrote: [ -> ]Rice pudding is bad for the a ss? Mushy peas maybe but rice pudding? why? Smile

It's the combination of the two that sends shivers down my spine, Bbbbrrr!
(31 August 2012, 16:24)Prepaday Wrote: [ -> ]Rice pudding is bad for the a ss? Mushy peas maybe but rice pudding? why? Smile

Curry then rice pud plus a few pints of lager and you will be able to pebble dash your house.Smile
Just ordered a black widow slingshot from ebay Smile
Had a slingshot on the To Buy list for a while and these are cheap and get good reviews so thought I'd try it out. Already bought the ammo a few weeks ago so bout time I got round to it lol

A question I've been meaning to ask -
I want to make a homemade slingshot, so what would be stronger - a natural fork from a tree or a block of wood that I carved into a slingshot? Hypothetical question so assume they're both from the same tree.
I'm guessing that the strength lies in the natural grain structure of the wood so a natural fork would be my guess, and Laminated would prolly the best in unnatural wood ? but I'm definately guessing.