Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ah, I see. Still be interested in the calorie count if u know it? Ive got 18 of the multi climate rat packs left - I think they're pretty much the same?

Anyway, just got some very strange looks putting 110th litres of veg oil thru the checkout in tesco then going back to fill another trolley with tins. Just in case Smile thats my prep for the day.

(14 September 2012, 17:05)Cestrian Wrote: [ -> ]
(14 September 2012, 15:41)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(14 September 2012, 15:11)Cestrian Wrote: [ -> ]bought 7 more mountain house meals,bought 2 metal water bottles from camping shop, cut the loop on one of the screw on caps and made a hole and put some plastic tubing through it, so if i have to boil some tap water to then get steam to condense then cool in the pipe and drip into the other bottle i can do that, good way of getting drinkable water if your near the coast, basically a small portable water distiller

What's the calorie count on the mountain house meals? I think in terms of price VS calorie count that you're better off with tesco basic stuff
its for my BOB as im not bugging in if tshtf, and ill be travelling on foot to my BOL where i have my main cache of supplies, so its just a lightweight food which i can easily carry, also have some wayfarer meals which aren't too heavy and can be eaten cold

Pasta with Lasagna Sauce: (per pack prepared) 2522Kj / 603Kcal
Chilli Con Carne W/Rice: (per pack prepared) 2076Kj / 478Kcal
Spag Bol: (per pack prepared) 2996Kj / 716Kcal
Chicken Tikka W/Rice: (per pack prepared) 2287Kj / 547Kcal

there all i have at the moment, hope this helps
Got some candles pk of 6 10" and burn for 9hours each £1.99 at home bargains.

B&m have bags of charcoal reduced to 2.99 and disposable bbqs for £1
With what is building up in the Middle East, I've ordered my heating oil before the price rockets.
Not just oil but the price of everything we imoirt is going to go up Sad
bought a tilley lamp secondhand shop for £8 got it home works fine , making a rim for the top so i can convert to a cooker at the same time, bought more rice ( i can open a take away ) tins of corned beef , honey,pasta,chocolate and sardines. still working on my corn grinder that will be powered by a l947 lister engine . checked out another BOL on sat attacking my poly tunnel wednesday new soil in raised beds planted potatoes for xmas, picking up 6 poulets friday, anyone know bout keeping goats?
Dont know much about goats except you need to get a license from defra.
Had a major sort out in the garage and got more firewood cut and stacked, filled jerrycans, fitted two new metposts in the back garden and started major review of food stocks.
My mate offered me an allotment right near his house on Saturday. It's a double sized one, so we're combining the three together to make one massive one. So when it's all sorted I'll be down there with the rotorvator to turn it all over. Just need to find a shed to stick on it now - something to bury the preps under and somewhere to relieve oneself if the need arises.
Food is my main concern rigjt now, need to buy so much just major lack of funds.