Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(18 September 2012, 09:08)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Food is my main concern rigjt now, need to buy so much just major lack of funds.

I only buy the basic range stuff from the supermarket. Even £5 can get you quite a bit.

Slow and steady chap. Even a couple of extra tins soon add up.

there was a thread on another forum about Farm Foods - a small supermarket type place. They asked the manager what happened to all of the out of date tins etc, and were told they just chucked them away. Asked if they could have them instead and the manager was quite pleased as he then didn't have to pay for the refuse company to come and take it all away. so it might be worth approaching the little supermarket type places to see if they're happy for you to collect the out of date stuff. I don't think you'll have much luck with any of the big name ones, but some of the little ones might.

I'm now running out of space Sad Time to invest in more shelves.

Its amazing what tesco ect through away. Worked on the bins for a bit so you get loads of stuff thats in date but been chucked cause something in the box is damaged. Best find wad five bottles of jack daneils the sixth bottle was smashed.
(18 September 2012, 09:20)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Its amazing what tesco ect through away. Worked on the bins for a bit so you get loads of stuff thats in date but been chucked cause something in the box is damaged. Best find wad five bottles of jack daneils the sixth bottle was smashed.

Bargain!!

I don't see why they don't take it and dish it out to the homeless? well, I do, it's incase one of them gets food poisoning etc, but how fucking stupid. They even lock the bins and cover 'em with CCTV so no one can help themselves.
just got a boomslang X-bow. not tested it yet but it looks good
Rode my bike, need more practise and a new bike.
picked up two reflex t8 suppressors yesterday one for my.308 and the other for my semi auto shotgun
(21 September 2012, 18:33)Auto Wrote: [ -> ]just got a boomslang X-bow. not tested it yet but it looks good

Heavy beast isnt it, handled one last year, I think Nemesis also has one, they certainly went for solid construction, I think its just the Barnett Commando after its patent expired, watch you back when cocking the bloody thing.
Just bought myself a Crosman Nitro Venon Dusk .22 break barrel, Gonna see what it can do later today
bought a Duffle Bag at a car boot this morning for £1...going to turn it into a quiver!!Big Grin
(22 September 2012, 10:37)Jan Wrote: [ -> ]Just bought myself a Crosman Nitro Venon Dusk .22 break barrel, Gonna see what it can do later today

Jan please can you do a review of your new rifle when you get chance ?
NR
Just had a quick google of the Crossman, what a nice looking rifle, it looks like an americanised BSA Tactical Cartbine