Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welded up gas-bottle stove on Aldi stick welder.Only managed weak arc as I lack mains power.Fuse kept blowing above 140 amp.
Got home and the OH had got a bit more food in for the stores ....... not much but it all helps

not sure how long the bars of chocolate will last though?

The OH must be getting more in to this she told me that after getting upto three months stores I can then start looking in to other equipment spending
Bars of chocolate will last almost forever,... when I was in the Army we were still eating ration packs from 1942, they were so old that the chocolate bars were almost white with age,... they were still as good though

My wife brought in the shopping backs tonight,..about six for the cupboards,..and three for the store
I wish my wife was interested in prepping I bought a few things ( first aid kit,magnesium fire lighter n knife) n al I got of the wife was a funny look? Tried to make her understand but she's having none of it lol
Yet I bet she has a good supply of things she likes.
Yeh chocolate n magazines ha ha
O and a constant supply of things for me to do around the house lol
Bought a solar shower bag and bought a wood burner made from an old gas bottle, not much in the way of heating but it's better than nothing. It will come in use when I start my hydroponics experiment in a few weeks, yes, I'm going to try and grow veg in a make shift plastic tunnel in the winter....
(23 November 2012, 10:31)Prepaday Wrote: [ -> ]Bought a solar shower bag and bought a wood burner made from an old gas bottle, not much in the way of heating but it's better than nothing. It will come in use when I start my hydroponics experiment in a few weeks, yes, I'm going to try and grow veg in a make shift plastic tunnel in the winter....

Phwoar, you've not tried those gas bottle heaters yet then!!!, I lit one in my conservatory and the bloody thing melted the plastic windowsill 18 inches behind it. Dont use it indoors cos of Carbon Monoxide poisoning.
invested in a box of extreme hot and spicy go noodles yum
Went to the pound shop and brought a few packs of lucozade sweets 3 for a quid went to tescos and brought more crepe bandages 89p and tape.
Boxed up another lot of food all mixed and been also looking for ready to eat meals found 1 a longlife brunch priced at
Priced at