Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went out hillwalking with my boys (5&8) in the wet conditions
Thought it would be good to see how far/quick they could go so that I could get a good judgment on how far away our Bol should realistically be

And I was realy surprised how well they done I was realy pleased
Especially the 5 year old think he could rattle on all day at a good pace
I was tired and a bit annoyed with the weather and could have done to head back home but he just kept wanting to go up further
Got another 3 knives come through the post.

They're super sexy Boker blades. All the same (EDC/BOB/GHB) and they're the size of a big pen. REALLY super sharp blade, good handle, good pocket clip, good build quality......GREAT PURCHASE!!!

I'll start doing reviews on here soon.

Need to get the whole photo posting issue sorted.
Just made 3 hams for christmas Ham in coke, wiltshire ham and honey roast. Hoping they will last until christmas taste to good to leave them alone. Also started curing a sweet and dry bacon a whole pigs belly cut into 3 pieces more than enough to last until after christmas and new year.
got a scanner/printer so I can get some hard copy of the important info.
Okay people, today has been a weird prep, but one for future use.

Today I have padded up the window cushions (the sprung insulation stuff around the window frame) with a bit of bubble wrap. It's adding extra pressure to the window closure, but it's stopped all the draft. No more hassle from Mrs Scythe13!!! So that's a good thing. Furthermore I have done a seemingly insane thing. I have lined the window alcoved with silver foil. No it's not to stop radiation or aliens or anything like that!!!! I've done it to increase the amount of light coming into the home. It'll brighten the wife's mood, and makes the whole place seem more cozy. Beyond that, the extra light will cut down the electricity bills, and let me know if we can grow plants indoors without making our place super dingy.

Oh, and yesterday I ordered a lovely Swedish Parka from a wonderful website http://www.sids-surplus.co.uk
Top rate delivery! Product is amazing!!!
Beefing up car kit as off to Grantham on Saturday to collect some more stock.
Can't take too much though as I won't have enough room to fit all the gear in.
I've just realised the fire extinguisher from the van is missing, I'll have to get another, baffled as to where it went.
More wood-chopping. A lovely crisp, cold sunny day today, so I left the hydraulic splitter in the workshop and got the sledge hammer and grenade out. Very therapeutic, and a good way to warm up!
Wrote out some lists of key essential kit to look out for and then another list of what I need to inventory.
Just ordered a few torches.