Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(28 November 2012, 14:34)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]I've just realised the fire extinguisher from the van is missing, I'll have to get another, baffled as to where it went.

probably used it when you set the house on fire!!TongueBig GrinBig Grin
Today the Baofend VHF/UHF duel band transceiver that I purchased arrived,.. the one recomended in an earlier thread, a very nice little hand held,.....this is the first I want two of them.

The wife also got another water butt today
not much but a few more thing for the stores

hoping to get enough containers for storing a big rice purchase soon
Our van has two batteries, I don't know why but it does, the van took a hissy fit and refused to start, I went and bought a battery, still nothing, just a grunt, I went and bought another battery, she still refused to start, the huffy bitch, we ended up getting a jump start, shocked her into submission lol, so we now have 2 spare batteries, which is cool because we can use them to work the T.V in the van Smile
Well today I joined this forum.
I wrote the outline for an article about hunting dogs for this forum.
I brought a load of Kilner Jars for my dried goods.
And I looked at making fermented vegetables on various Youtube clips.Rolleyes
Today I have got my Vauxhall back up and running on the road.

Purchased a multi-tool. Went for an interesting choice, but for good reasons! Opted for the Stanley one. Stanley, as in Stanley knife. I figure, it's designed for solid use by workmen, who are not known for delicacy. Also costed only £9.99, which is an insanely good price, especially when compared to a Gerber or Leatherman. Furthermore, it's made from machine/tool grade steel, so it's hard wearing. The build quality is shockingly good. It's robust and relatively heavy. Will do a full review later.

Have also started building my toolkit.
Pen Screwdriver. Stanley, has philips and flat heads, and both phil+flat as minis as well.
Sturdy pliars too.

On top of this, I have a small solar panel to trickle feed for my, now spare, car battery, that I'm going to build into a small solar system for charging laptop and phones. for free. Also have a cigarette lighter attachment, a 10A fuse, and an on off switch, so that I don't blow something up!

Got a lovely small maglite for my keyring too. A small glowing keyring thing that stays light for 10 years as well, to help find the keys in the dark.

I have finally have bought 2 chemical lights to add to my BOB.

My very last preps for today.....bought the wife her Christmas presents! So that's a crazy day shopping today.

On the final note for this post. Have bought a house.....depending on the mortgage going through. So, that's it for today. Busy busy!!!
DAMN, this week is getting expensive!!!

Today has only been a bit of prepping purchases. It's all good because most of it was for my wife.

Have gotten her thermals and super long socks as one of her presents. Have also bought the rest of her pressies, so that's me sorted for Christmas shopping.

For myself, only 2 items.

1. Multi-Pack of Cadburys Dairy Milk (4 for £1) for by BOB. Always a good pick me up, and lifts the spirits.
2. A single cook pot thing. It's basically an over sized mug with a lid, that takes the place of a saucepan on the gas cooker. Best thing about it.......You can fit a small gas can into it, and the stove, and a lighter!!! All that in a nice handy carry bag as well. So now all my cook gear (except food) is kept in one pack!!! LOVE IT!!!!
(4 December 2012, 20:14)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]2. A single cook pot thing. It's basically an over sized mug with a lid, that takes the place of a saucepan on the gas cooker. Best thing about it.......You can fit a small gas can into it, and the stove, and a lighter!!! All that in a nice handy carry bag as well. So now all my cook gear (except food) is kept in one pack!!! LOVE IT!!!!

Might be a bit late now, but have a gander at the German Cook Sets. They are the mutts nuts. I wouldn't be without mine!!

Trying to find a decent stock of them - the only ones available at the moment are all dented. Not good Sad
Got a job so will be able to start buying more preps in
(4 December 2012, 20:50)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Got a job

Congratulations!!
Big Grin