Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I gave a new home to a load of food safe air tight storage containers they were throwing away at work. Recycle...recycle! They are rather expensive to buy new.Wink
no much but I've made a shopping list to add to my bag that I've got in the car

just need the cash now lol

there's a few low cash purchase so I'll get some of the stuff on order once I've finished the Christmas shopping (if I've any spare cash left)
Got a mad week ahead, got SD coming up later on next week, got a meet with three preppers in Newcastle over a few beers basically to get to know them a bit !! at the end of the week, and a mate wants me to drive to bloody Croyden before crimbo to deliver some scrounged scafffolding for his two recycled PV panels and to help put up to mount a radion aerial on.
bought 10lts oil for bov.....making faraday gage for genny and coms...bought 30mtrs climbing rope....more tins..pasta...rice....corn meal...medic bits & bobs....rocksalt .....on with gas bottle stove
Aaargh Climbing rope, shit shit shit, I got given some that was only a few months old and I've left it down south, Bugger bugger, How the hell did i forget it. Thanks for the reminder SS, I bet i forget it again next time I'm in Wilts , NR idiot of the week yet again.
I dont need a climbing rope,..scared of heights.....Smile
(8 December 2012, 23:42)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]I dont need a climbing rope,..scared of heights.....Smile

you too? join the club, never liked heights.
I use it as tow rope for the van, and for tying kit down inside the van or on the roof cos I've not managed to snaffle enough ratchet tie downs yet, and its good for tying teepee tripods togther with, gorge scrambling etc etc,
i used to have a BIG coil of blue propalyne rope but got rid of it as i find it stretches too much, i've got a big bag of sash cord rope which i use to tie things down with on the trailer etc.
Well today I'm starting to build a website platform for my new blog. Some of it will be about the physical applications of survival/home steading and the other half will touch on the mental requirements as well as the spiritual. Deep stuff!