Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10 December 2012, 19:11)Prepaday Wrote: [ -> ]Just bought a briquette maker to make cardboard logs Smile I have a wheelie bin full of soaking cardboard and I'm keen to know how many I can make, So much better for the environment Smile

Had one takes forever for the logs to dry inside.
Maybe I should make shed loads of em and sell them next year? Smile
(10 December 2012, 19:20)Prepaday Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I should make shed loads of em and sell them next year? Smile

An ex's dad had one of those. He used to make them, then set them out to dry in his shed. He said the same thing.....they take AGES to dry out properly.
(10 December 2012, 23:26)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10 December 2012, 19:20)Prepaday Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe I should make shed loads of em and sell them next year? Smile

An ex's dad had one of those. He used to make them, then set them out to dry in his shed. He said the same thing.....they take AGES to dry out properly.

I presume you have to soak the paper to make the brick?

Couldn't you soak it in paraffin or something? It'll burn when wet that way Smile
I have never had a lot of luck with these,.. first of all they do take forever to fry out, and secondly they create a lot of ash,...often so much that they put the fire out
Made a simple cache. Nothing huge.
25 tins, 1kg oats and 1kg pasta.
Enough for a few weeks if you're careful and reduced calorie intake. But enough to keep you going for a few more miles.
Just ordered some new gaiters and 2 water filters (the straw style ones for BOB and GHB)
bought 2 snoods, 1 for me 1 for OH, less than £4 each on Ebay.
(10 December 2012, 23:26)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]

Treat them like firewood; make them now and let them "season" in the sun during the summer, then use them next winter.
finished faraday gage .....punk rock....YEAH......full t.ts out...........gas bottle stove .....not going to plan at all... water storage 1800ltrs....2 f off pods starting today......dropping tree,s sunday..my ground.....tried my pickled onions.......oooooohhhhh boy their great got recip off yt .....BEST EVER ,,,no salt !!!!!!!!! OH baking mince pie,s and chrissy cake....scones....sausage rolls....god i,m starving......i love this girl.....sweet pickle sat together .....you know patrick swaysie and that girlie (name escapes me ) potters wheel job if you get my drift