Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Demi Moore. Starred in a few films like ... err... Striptease where she was a pole dancer.
well new to all this but i've been pretty busy over the last couple of weeks because work is so quiet. serviced the bov's. emptied the shed and dug out all my survival gear. bought a crossbow. dug out the old air rifle. bought some water and lots of storage boxes. sorted out a stash of diesel and veg oil. food and gas is next on the list when funds allow.
DWA,

Keep at it. It will soon grow but even now you are much better off than you were before.
(12 December 2012, 19:06)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]DWA,

Keep at it. It will soon grow but even now you are much better off than you were before.

cheers. the more i do though, the more i find needing done!
Perhaps but that is because you know what you need to do now. You are doing the right thing.
Ordered small solar set up. Panel arrived yesterday, just waiting for battery to turn up then I'll give it a go.
3800mAH battery & programming cable for the UV-5R
And a small butane soldering iron so I can finally get my "ignition modifications" soldered in properly, instead of using ductape to secure the wires in place.
Still building my new website....I'm going down the line of 'Self reliance in mind and body during difficult times' which is a gentle way into 'Prepping' for many folks, myself included.

'Survivalist Lite' with half the calores.Big Grin
Ordered a CB radio for the car from FleaBay. Should be here Monday Big Grin
So, comms are pretty much sorted now - until I get an NVIS set-up, but that'll be well into next year.
just bought 20 ft of belting in view of posts this week .......throwing it over the rsj now....
Got home (yesterday, but was busy with the wife to update everything on here) and found 2 parcels waiting!

Only 1 was prep related.

Got a straw water filter for BOB.

Bought 3 packs of multi vitamins + multi minerals, 1 small box of powdered milk, 1 tin of condensed milk, and 4 weird circular lithium batteries for my ultralight headlamp.