Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I signed up to survival uk now doing a lot of reading
Welcome, from the Scottish Highlands
I bought 40 pre-1920 silver 3 pence coins off Ebay. They each have around $1.17 worth of silver in them.
just renewed my subscription to Permaculture Magazine.
Got a new chicken coop have to treat it and assembly it over the next week and then build a chicken run for it.
I have just thought about all my preps ....got bits here and bits there ...in short i am not organized enough...so here,s my plan ..to centralize all preps to one location..take stock of all i have ..then organize into groups..and store in the relivent locations.....you can get lost quite easy with your preps...no good at all wtshtf...starting this week going to set up a central prepping location/room
(20 January 2013, 12:41)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]I have just thought about all my preps ....got bits here and bits there ...in short i am not organized enough...so here,s my plan ..to centralize all preps to one location..take stock of all i have ..then organize into groups..and store in the relivent locations.....you can get lost quite easy with your preps...no good at all wtshtf...starting this week going to set up a central prepping location/room

Being organised makes better use of your resources and puts you in a much better position both for an event and preparing for one.
bought a dehydrator at last ! been on about it for ages but done nothing....now i have
Hi all I've been rechecking and re packing and improving my BOB and EDC will start storing some fuel for the car
Hi all firstly thanks for all the posts which have given me loads of ideas, I've been checking through all my preps including my BOB firefighting kit. A couple of months ago i placed a lot of cotton wool balls soacked in petroleum jelly in the kit as I tested some before hand and they worked superbly and they burst into flames instantly with one spark, forwards 3 months and I tried one again and I could not light them useless 3 months later, I've now binned them. One of the best bits of kindling in my fire kit is lumps of lint/fluff out of the tumble dryer one tiny spark from my flint and steel and it works very well !. I recently tried to get my leatherman multitool repaired, after making enquiries Whitby knives the UK Leatherman dealer replaced my damaged and abused Leatherman for free for a brand new/similar multi tool you can call Whitby knives during working hours on 01539 721032 and they will tell you the details of where to send it to be replaced free of charge.